Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

To create login in many servers. Expand / Collapse
Author

Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 2:12 AM
Hi,
Its an interview question.How to create a login in 500 servers at one shot????

Regards,
Saravanan
Post #893538
Posted Friday, April 24, 2015 11:23 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 9:48 AM
Just saw this, and didn't want to leave it unanswered.

If you are on 2005, and can't use PoSh, I'd actually script this with SQLCMD and use VBScript to call SQLCMD with a list of users and servers.

In PoSh, similar concept. You'll connect to each instance, hopefully with a list of servers, and then run execute the create method on each.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1680034
Posted Friday, April 24, 2015 11:22 PM
SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 10:36 AM
Quick trick, in SSMS press CTRL+ALT+G to view Registered Servers, if they are grouped you can right click on the group, new query and that instance of the query will be executed on all servers in that group.
Post #1680141
Posted Saturday, April 25, 2015 7:45 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 11:09 AM
Eirikur Eiriksson (4/24/2015)
Quick trick, in SSMS press CTRL+ALT+G to view Registered Servers, if they are grouped you can right click on the group, new query and that instance of the query will be executed on all servers in that group.

Eirikur, I can't tell you how many times I've told people about the running SQL against multiple servers using the group. They're always so surprised and can't believe it's that easy.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Post #1680160
Posted Saturday, April 25, 2015 8:12 AM
SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 10:36 AM
Ed Wagner (4/25/2015)

Eirikur, I can't tell you how many times I've told people about the running SQL against multiple servers using the group. They're always so surprised and can't believe it's that easy.

I know Ed, such useful things as standardizing colour coding for groups, having DAC groups, importing and exporting groups as .regsrvr etc. just don't seems to get through to them.

Maybe you should do a little write up on this, that would be useful!
Post #1680163
Posted Saturday, April 25, 2015 9:13 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 9:48 AM

I've known that, though I'd use Red Gate's MultiScript to do it. In this case, I wanted one machine for testing, but that would work for multiple instances.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1680172
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse