SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Anonymous access in SQL RS 2008

Anonymous access in SQL RS 2008

Author
JOEFER L. TINGSON
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if this will also work in MS SQL Server 2008 R2?

thanks,

Joefer
JOEFER L. TINGSON
JOEFER L. TINGSON
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

Hi Prasad,

Will this also work in MS SQL Server 2008 R2?

thanks,

Joefer
vasamsetti_prasad
vasamsetti_prasad
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (407 reputation)SSC-Addicted (407 reputation)SSC-Addicted (407 reputation)SSC-Addicted (407 reputation)SSC-Addicted (407 reputation)SSC-Addicted (407 reputation)SSC-Addicted (407 reputation)SSC-Addicted (407 reputation)

Hi Joefer,

I didnt checked with the SQL Server 2008 R2. I have to check for that. If the architecture is same and the same config files copied during the installation of SQL Server 2008 R2 then it should work for R2 also.

The Mentioned files which needs to be modified are copied in the installation folder. In word document i mentioned the path also.

Thanks
Prasad
hridayesh1
hridayesh1
Forum Newbie

i did all the same as given in word file but it is giving parser error....Sad
vivek_bhosale
vivek_bhosale
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Hi,

The attachment is not opening. Please let me know, how i would get attachment.

Regards,
Vivek
Alex the Black!
Alex the Black!
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Help.

I have the same issue to deal with here at my new job. The company has a asp.net app that has it's own security (user name and pswd). There could be huge growth into how many users dealing with. At this time over 2K users/dealers. So we really don't want to go the AD route (huge initial setup headache and constant maintenance costs, too)

We're running SQL Server rs 12 (I think)... So, will the same solution deal with my issue??....i.e.....the user will log into the ASP.net app and they will Click on a URL ( I guess) to gain access to SSRS web page. There they will have access to all the 20 reports in Prod (at this time) to print out ONLY their data and not some other users/dealers data.

I will need to get their userid passed as a parm into SSRS to filter out the data on each report too. (We can't have Lucy looking at Fred's data and visa versa!)

I'm new at this side of SSRS, having developed 100's of reports. Just never had to do the setup to get to the boody reports!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alex
renz.vidal
renz.vidal
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)

Hi Sir. I followed all the steps but It does not display any pages. http://localhost/ReportServer
renz.vidal
renz.vidal
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)

Thanks for this. I am using Sql Server Reporting Services 2008 R2. I followed all the steps and restarted my Sql server reporting services but when I run http://localhost/ReportServer. It appears to be blank.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.