Thank you again for your assistance.
According to your suggestion, I moved line 172 before line 169 and that seems to have resolved the discrepancy for the error checking.
On #2 in my post, I did a search on "schedule_uid" in the original script and replaced with "schedule_id" to change the field so that jobs can be recreated on SQL2005 instead of SQL2008. I ran your script on a test server.
It generated the code to script out all jobs. However, when I went to run it, I received the following:
Msg 209, Level 16, State 1, Line 211
Ambiguous column name 'schedule_id'.
Not sure if I am not understanding something in the logic.
And, no, as I am new to this post, I do not know how to update a submitted script. I did send an email to sqlservercentral and asked. I hope they reply.
Let me know what you think about my schedule_id issue.
Thank you !!