SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Proxy Account

Proxy Account

Author
Kari Suresh
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi,

While execution BCP job, I am getting this following error.

Error string: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'xp_cmdshell', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'.

I enabled xp_cmdshell in Surface Area Confuration features.

Then i went to Security -> Credentials -> created new proxy account with the name ##xp_cmdshell_proxy_account## and identity as india\xg536, surprisingly i could not find the identity. I have logged in as xg536 and india is domain for this login. Even though i gave same identity and password.

And SQL server Agent -> Proxies -> Added the same credential here.

When I am trying to run this following query, got error saying that

Incorrect Syntax near '\'.

GRANT EXECUTE on xp_cmdshell to india\xg536 

The following query executed fine.
USE master;
exec sp_xp_cmdshell_proxy_account 'india\xg536', 'Ong4ig9'

Finally I am getting same error. Can anybody give me suggestions to run BCP job successfully.

Thanks.

KSB
-----------------------------
Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Knowledge and happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha
Chris Chilvers
Chris Chilvers
Old Hand
Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)Old Hand (352 reputation)

Try using GRANT EXECUTE on xp_cmdshell to [india\xg536]
Kari Suresh
Kari Suresh
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)SSC-Addicted (442 reputation)

Thanks for reply.

Try using GRANT EXECUTE on xp_cmdshell to [india\xg536]

Executed fine but same results. Getting the following error

Error string: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'xp_cmdshell', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'.

KSB

KSB
Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Knowledge and happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha
WilliamBendall
WilliamBendall
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)

This link might assist you: http://www.dbnewsgroups.net/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming/topic16744.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Struggling to find the question?
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/jeffs/archive/2008/05/13/question-needed-not-answer.aspx
Kari Suresh
Kari Suresh
SSC-Addicted

This link might assist you: http://www.dbnewsgroups.net/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming/topic16744.aspx

I have tried this too..
EXEC sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1
GO
RECONFIGURE
GO
EXEC sp_configure 'xp_cmdshell', 1
GO
RECONFIGURE
GO
exec sp_xp_cmdshell_proxy_account 'domain\user', 'password'

Still getting same error.

Thanks,
KSB

KSB
WilliamBendall
WilliamBendall
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)SSC Veteran (223 reputation)

KSB, are you able to execute any commands using xp_cmdshell? Are you getting this message everytime you execute a command or only on the BCP Job?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Struggling to find the question?
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/jeffs/archive/2008/05/13/question-needed-not-answer.aspx
Kari Suresh
Kari Suresh
SSC-Addicted

If I execute
EXEC xp_cmdshell 'dir *.exe';
GO

it is working fine.
And if I execute BCP job I'm getting error.

Thanks for reply

KSB
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.