SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Sql command not taking the packagevariable value

Sql command not taking the packagevariable value

Author
senthilkumar.m-555627
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi Friends,

I have created one script task to get the effectivedate value and assigned to the package variable @[User::Effectivedate] and using data flow task,OLEDB connection and SQL Command option i am trying to execute the below query . the actual result (2009-02-07') is not passing to the variable @[User::Effectivedate] hence the below query is not giving any result.

SELECT POSITION.SECURITY_ALIAS,POSITION1.ORIG_FACE FROM (SELECT LLP.SECURITY_ALIAS AS SECURITY_ALIAS FROM HOLDING.DBO.POSITION P,
HOLDING.DBO.POSITION_DETAIL PD, HOLDING.DBO.LOT_LEVEL_POSITION LLP WHERE P.POSITION_ID = PD.POSITION_ID
AND P.POSITION_ID = LLP.POSITION_ID AND PD.security_alias = LLP.security_alias AND P.SRC_INTFC_INST =
(SELECT INSTANCE FROM PACE_MASTER.DBO.INTERFACES WHERE SHORT_DESC='DD') AND CONVERT(VARCHAR(8),P.EFFECTIVE_DATE,112) ='"+ @[User::Effectivedate] + "'
AND (LLP.department_acquisition_date IS NULL OR CONVERT(nvarchar(8),LLP.department_acquisition_date,112) >= '"+ @[User::Effectivedate] + "') ) POSITION
LEFT JOIN ( SELECT LLP.SECURITY_ALIAS AS SECURITY_ALIAS, LLP.ORIG_FACE FROM HOLDING.DBO.POSITION P, HOLDING.DBO.POSITION_DETAIL PD,
HOLDING.DBO.LOT_LEVEL_POSITION LLP WHERE P.POSITION_ID = PD.POSITION_ID AND P.POSITION_ID = LLP.POSITION_ID
AND PD.security_alias = LLP.security_alias AND P.SRC_INTFC_INST =(SELECT INSTANCE FROM PACE_MASTER.DBO.INTERFACES
WHERE SHORT_DESC='BLACKROCK') AND CONVERT(VARCHAR(8),P.EFFECTIVE_DATE,112) ='"+ @[User::Effectivedate] + "')POSITION1
ON POSITION1.SECURITY_ALIAS = POSITION.SECURITY_ALIAS"

Can someone guide me how to create resolve the problem?

Regards
Senthil
Phil Parkin
Phil Parkin
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)

Use an Expression to set the SQL ... That will decode your variable for you.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

If the answer to your question can be found with a brief Google search, please perform the search yourself, rather than expecting one of the SSC members to do it for you.

Please surround any code or links you post with the appropriate IFCode formatting tags. It helps readability a lot.
senthilkumar.m-555627
senthilkumar.m-555627
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

Phil Parkin (7/6/2009)
Use an Expression to set the SQL ... That will decode your variable for you.

Can you please guide how can i set the expression to SQL?
Phil Parkin
Phil Parkin
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)

OK, not quite correct for an OLEDB source.

First you need to assign the whole SQL string to a variable, then you need to change the Data Access Mode on your OLEDB source to be SQL Command from variable - the rest is obvious, I think.

Phil

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

If the answer to your question can be found with a brief Google search, please perform the search yourself, rather than expecting one of the SSC members to do it for you.

Please surround any code or links you post with the appropriate IFCode formatting tags. It helps readability a lot.
senthilkumar.m-555627
senthilkumar.m-555627
Grasshopper

Phil Parkin (7/6/2009)
OK, not quite correct for an OLEDB source.

First you need to assign the whole SQL string to a variable, then you need to change the Data Access Mode on your OLEDB source to be SQL Command from variable - the rest is obvious, I think.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I have assigned this query text into one variable and i have used sql command from variable but still it is not taking that variable value. however when i am displaying the effectivedate variable value in message box it is showing properly. task is executed successfully but i am not getting the result what i have expected. Can you find out what may the other cause for that?

Thanks
Senthil
Phil Parkin
Phil Parkin
One Orange Chip

You probably need to use a Script task to assign the text and access the contents of the variable - otherwise you'll just get the literal text in there.

senthilkumar.m-555627
senthilkumar.m-555627
Grasshopper

Phil Parkin (7/6/2009)
You probably need to use a Script task to assign the text and access the contents of the variable - otherwise you'll just get the literal text in there.

Hi Phil,

I tried to create the script task and now i am getting the error

An OLE DB
error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E0C.
An OLE Database record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for
Oracle" Hresult: 0x80040E0C
Description: "Command text was not set for the command object.".

please help me

Regards
Senthil
Phil Parkin
Phil Parkin
One Orange Chip

I have not seen this error before.

Please post the code from your Script task.

How is Oracle involved in your package?

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.