Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

T-SQL - What is the output of the statement

T-SQL - What is the output of the statement

Author
Paul White
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Ray Laubert (6/17/2009)
Thanks for catching it and letting me know.

No worries. The answer was still clearly discernible from the information given.
:-)

Paul White
SQLPerformance.com
SQLblog.com
@SQL_Kiwi
SA-1
SA-1
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)

Nice question!!!
Paul White
Paul White
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

crussell (6/17/2009)
I tested it on an existing test database table and immediately got an error because I had a trigger on the table. Using a table without a trigger gave me the kind of results intended.

There also can't be any CHECK constaints on the table, and it can't be either end of a FOREIGN KEY relationship.

Paul

Paul White
SQLPerformance.com
SQLblog.com
@SQL_Kiwi
Lippy
Lippy
Valued Member
Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)

:-)That is an incredibly useful bit of code.
Thank You
Alvin Ramard
Alvin Ramard
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)

I didn't even get a chance to read the question and it says I got it right. Read ahead buffer acting up????

Alvin Ramard
Memphis PASS Chapter

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Dan Guzman - Not the MVP
Dan Guzman - Not the MVP
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)

Mine too.

I did get a new computer yesterday, but even with all the 'greatest OS ever', I'm pretty sure Win7 can't read my mind :-)
SA-1
SA-1
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)

Not only did I go the quetion right, I also had a note in the discussion. How about that?

This without logging in to the site.
Dan Guzman - Not the MVP
Dan Guzman - Not the MVP
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)Right there with Babe (724 reputation)

SA-1 (10/6/2009)
Not only did I go the quetion right, I also had a note in the discussion. How about that?

Posted in June none the less.
Alvin Ramard
Alvin Ramard
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)

Dan Guzman (10/6/2009)
SA-1 (10/6/2009)

Posted in June none the less.

aaaaaahhhh .... that explains why it was already answered.

Alvin Ramard
Memphis PASS Chapter

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.