Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Mathematical Auditing Of Email Broadcasts

Mathematical Auditing Of Email Broadcasts

Author
adrlinux
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hello,

Since this article is as interessing and usefull as "Ordering Tables To Preserve Referential Integrity" article, I ask the same question that I asked for the "Ordering Tables To Preserve Referential Integrity" article :
would it be possible to have the same script for sql server 2000 ? Badly I am not able to do the transformation (there is no Common Table Expressions in sql2000).

Thank you very much.
Glen Cooper
Glen Cooper
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)

Thank you for the reply.

I can do this, but it will take a couple of weeks before I can get to it.

I will reply when it's done.

Glen Cooper

R Glen Cooper
adrlinux
adrlinux
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Thank you very much !!!

Best regards
Nicholas Stein
Nicholas Stein
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

I love this article. DAGs seem to show up everywhere. I used them in a gene assembly program I wrote.

I am now working on groom email lists and this article is worth it's weight in platinum to me.

I do see a challange though. The redirects may not occur in an email system you have access to. If you send a broadcast to a group of customers, you will not see the redirects because they occur in the customer's email system.

At my former employer, when an employee quit, we made a redirect from the salesperson's mailbox to the sales manager's mailbox. When the sales manager quit, the redirect went to his boss.

So the question is how to track the redirects from the marketing communications company. I do not think you can.

I still loved the article though.

Nick Stein
nstein@bizcad.com
Glen Cooper
Glen Cooper
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)SSC Journeyman (87 reputation)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response.

You are correct in that we have no way to see redirects in other email systems, so redirections from them to your own are possible.

I assume that your salesperson, sales manager, and his boss are using the same system so there shouldn't be an problem here (unless I'm confused about what you meant).

Glen

R Glen Cooper
Nicholas Stein
Nicholas Stein
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Glenn,

Thanks for the reply. I was just using that as an example. Of course, since they are within our mail system, there would be no problem. However, if I am the MarCom company trying to reach those people, the sales manager's boss could end up with two or three of the same email and the MarCom would not know it.

btw, on of your other responses pointed to the wolfram site. I had heard of mathamatica and we used it in gene research, but I had not heard of the web site. So I got two great things out of you post.

Nick
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.