Could someone suggest a simple process for the following?
1) Import an existing xsd as a SQL schema
2) Populate that schema with a select from a table
3) Write out the resulting xml document to a file
The options I've considered are overly complicated I believe:
1) Create XML Schema Collection
2) Select For XML (can't see how it would map the returned columns to the XML elements of the schema)
3) Use XML DM insert to insert the returned columns into explicit elements in the schema (why use the schema then?).
All help is appreciated!