Hi Aaron Akin,
I have read your article about "Using EventHandlers with Checkpoints". It is very usefull for me. But OnError eventhandler is not executing for the second time even though i did all the changes which you mentioned in the article. Is there any other way to handle this sutition.
Please help me to handle this sutition.
Dumb question, but you do have checkpoints enabled properly, correct? Also, make sure the following are set in your package:
1. Make sure the FailPackageOnFailure property is True on the task in the package control flow.
2. In the OnError event handler for your task with the error, make sure you put all of the event handler tasks into a For Loop container that will iterate only once.
3. Make sure the FailPackageOnFailure property is True on the For Loop container in the OnError event handler control flow.
4. Make sure the FailParentOnFailure property is True on all tasks within the For Loop container in the onError event handler.
5. Make sure the ForceExecutionResult property is True on the last task in the For Loop container in the OnError event handler.
6. Make sure you delete the existing checkpoint file if it exists before executing the package.
Let me know if this solves your problem.