Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Cannot drop the table 'HDB_SCHEDULED_TASKS', because it does not exist or you do not have...

Cannot drop the table 'HDB_SCHEDULED_TASKS', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Author
algis100
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I've installed SQL Server 2005 and intend on using it as the back-end database for Hyperion Financial Management.

The Hyperion application requires a database to be created called "hypdb" which has a user called "hypuser" that has full administrator access, which I've created.

However when I run the Hyperion Configuration Utility which sets up the database for Financial Management application I keep getting a bunch of failures which state:

Cannot drop the table 'HDB_SCHEDULED_TASKS', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Cannot drop the table 'hub_metainfo', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

And so on. I've checked that these tables exist in the database and they do, although I don't know what they are used for.

Has anyone got any ideas why I can't drop them? Is there some kind of permissions setting that is specifically required to drop tables?
algis100
algis100
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
After days of pondering I've just solved it myself, so I guess this becomes more of an FYI for anyone searching for an answer to this on Google like I was.

I had created the "hypdb" database having logged in using Windows Authentication so therefore with my Windows log in.

I deleted "hypdb" and disconnected from the SQL server, then reconnected again but logged in as "hypuser".

Then created the "hypdb" database again logged in as "hypuser", re-ran the Hyperion Configuration Utlity and was successful.

Appears as though you have to be the database owner to drop tables within it.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.