SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSIS, "Class Not Registered" error...deployment or permissions issue?

SSIS, "Class Not Registered" error...deployment or permissions issue?

Author
Sunny1
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (227 reputation)SSC Veteran (227 reputation)SSC Veteran (227 reputation)SSC Veteran (227 reputation)SSC Veteran (227 reputation)SSC Veteran (227 reputation)SSC Veteran (227 reputation)SSC Veteran (227 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
By reading lots of links and finally got mine working.
My issue was connected to a 32bit Access database from 64bit SQL server running as a job and it throw Code: 0xC0202009 , Error code: 0x80040154 and "Class not registered".

For debugging, I changed the debugging option "Run64BitRuntime" to False.
To fix the scheduled job with package saved in SQL server, I modified the step to use the 32bit DTExec.exe and as Type of Operating Ssystem (cmdExec) to be something like this

"D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server (x86)\90\DTS\Binn\DTExec.exe" /SQL "\packageNameInMSDB" /SERVER CQDSC01 /MAXCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING E
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms162810.aspx - Great link for dtex.exe
sharishkrishnan
sharishkrishnan
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

Hi SSC-Enthusiastic

When all started working for you... where you running it as a SSIS or Operating system (64-bit or 32-bit)?

Thanks
reyvon
reyvon
Valued Member
Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)Valued Member (60 reputation)

This article was a great help. I had a few SSIS packages that were falling over and reading this article helped me figure it out.

Thanks a lot guys =o)

:-D
jbelina
jbelina
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)

I recently came across the same problem and changing the max concurrency to 1 seemed to fix my problem. Hope this help! :-D

/MAXCONCURRENT " -1 "

Thanks,
Jeff M. Belina
Sr. Database Developer/DBA
Phil Parkin
Phil Parkin
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (54K reputation)SSC Guru (54K reputation)SSC Guru (54K reputation)SSC Guru (54K reputation)SSC Guru (54K reputation)SSC Guru (54K reputation)SSC Guru (54K reputation)SSC Guru (54K reputation)

jbelina (12/1/2010)
I recently came across the same problem and changing the max concurrency to 1 seemed to fix my problem. Hope this help! :-D

/MAXCONCURRENT " -1 "

Your text states '1' and your sample code '-1'. Which did you intend?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

If the answer to your question can be found with a brief Google search, please perform the search yourself, rather than expecting one of the SSC members to do it for you.

Please surround any code or links you post with the appropriate IFCode formatting tags. It helps readability a lot.
tan110
tan110
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (898 reputation)SSC Eights! (898 reputation)SSC Eights! (898 reputation)SSC Eights! (898 reputation)SSC Eights! (898 reputation)SSC Eights! (898 reputation)SSC Eights! (898 reputation)SSC Eights! (898 reputation)

Where in package properties, do I set run In 64bit = false?
Arcturus
Arcturus
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (117 reputation)

After going thru the long list of replies I tried to run it thru CMD
I modified the job to use cmdexec step and : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90 \DTS\Binn\DTExec.exe /f "Package Path" /MAXCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING EW

And it executed just like you are having a piece of Cake.

Thanks for the Inputs.
tvramanadhan
tvramanadhan
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)Grasshopper (19 reputation)

Hi I am Ramesh from Chennai, India.

I am also facing the same problem but I am using data source as Excel file. Error displayed as below...

FirstLine:
"[Excel Source [17]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" failed with error code 0xC0202009"

SecondLine:
[Connection manager "Excel Connection Manager"] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040154. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" Hresult: 0x80040154 Description: "Class not registered".

Can any one help me....?Hehe
hubertp2 72207
hubertp2 72207
Valued Member
Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)

Thanks for the info on set 64bit run to false, that fixed my SSIS issues!
amirhh2000
amirhh2000
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)

First of all I hate SSIS2005 ... it has too many bugs ... (preferably use 2008R2 or 2012)

Things you can check are as follows:

1. Make 64bit false
2. Delay validation = False (in the body of package and on all objects)
3. EncreptionMethod = SensitiveWithPassword
4. If you changed number 3 reopen your data connections and re enter username password to be encrypted with the new method.
5. SQL Agent Service account has access to your Excel/Access datafile location
6. Create the SQL Job from SSMS2005 not SSMS2008/2012
7. be patient ... Smile

Cheers
Amir
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.