Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSIS Help - Error Handling

SSIS Help - Error Handling

Author
gready20
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am new to SSIS . Can somebody please help with the following
1. I need to pass the file name to my SSIS pacakage as a parameter
2. In the destination Table have the following columns. I must add the data from the flat file to my destination table and for each row i have to insert the flatfile name to column 'filename' to know the flat file source from which the data has come.
a. Account number
b. Name
c Amount
d.filename
3. The rows that have bad data must be redirected to a text file with appropriate column name and error and warning, discription and messsages.
4. Must create a log file for each time the ssis package is executed (the information must be similar to the detiails shown in the Progress tab
Please provide illustration so that i can undertand better
Thanks in Advance!
Andrew Gothard-467944
Andrew Gothard-467944
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)

Hi,
for the logging of individual rows containing errors, in your data transformation task use an OLE DB Destination Error Output connection (red arrow) from the destination for the valid input to the destination for invalid input.
For logging the progress of the package, go to the menubar at the top, select SSIS - Logging, and you can configure logging to a destination set up in your package such as a database or a text file

hth
hadush1
hadush1
Valued Member
Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)

I have exactly the same issue too, let me know if you get the solution for this.
nakkeeran.kannan
nakkeeran.kannan
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)

I have updated Error Handling in SSIS in the following blog . Please let me know if you find it useful.

http://www.nkannan.com/2012/02/error-handling-in-ssis-dft.html

Thanks,
Nk
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

nakkeeran.kannan (2/7/2012)
I have updated Error Handling in SSIS in the following blog . Please let me know if you find it useful.

http://www.nkannan.com/2012/02/error-handling-in-ssis-dft.html

Thanks,
Nk

I sure hope they solved their error handling problem 4 years ago...

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at SQLKover.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Lowfar
Lowfar
Old Hand
Old Hand (367 reputation)Old Hand (367 reputation)Old Hand (367 reputation)Old Hand (367 reputation)Old Hand (367 reputation)Old Hand (367 reputation)Old Hand (367 reputation)Old Hand (367 reputation)

In response to your 2nd question.
"2. In the destination Table have the following columns. I must add the data from the flat file to my destination table and for each row i have to insert the flatfile name to column 'filename' to know the flat file source from which the data has come."

Have a look at using a variable to store your file name, you can then add this into your DataFlow by using the [Derived Column] Task. This will add the filename into the pipeline and will alow you to insert this information into your destination.

Cheers
-Matt
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.