SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

sql server default username and password

sql server default username and password

Author
kornflakes20
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
hello guys!

i am new here at sqlservercentral.com and this is my first post Smile

i have some questions that is boggling my mind w00t

first is that... im new visual studio.net 2005 and i just want to ask if what is the default username and password of sql server 2005.

second is... how can i also access sql server 2005 express to another pc?

and the third one is... if for example i successfully created my own app in c# / vb.net, is it possible to bundle sql server 2005 express in the installation?

thanks for reading my post guys! BigGrin
thecosmictrickster@gmail.com
thecosmictrickster@gmail.com
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)

1. There is no default user/password per se. By default, BUILTIN\Administrators is granted sysadmin role, so any local administrator will be able to log in.

2. Make sure that SQL Server is configured to listen on TCP/IP for a start (use SQL Server Configuration Manager)

3. You should be able to, other companies had. I haven't done it myself, so don't know the specifics, but presumably you would call a silent installation of SQL Express from your install program. After it is installed, run whatever CREATE scripts are required.

Scott Duncan

MARCUS. Why dost thou laugh? It fits not with this hour.
TITUS. Why, I have not another tear to shed;
--Titus Andronicus, William Shakespeare

kornflakes20
kornflakes20
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)

Thanks for the reply... Smile

I develop a Classic ASP site that has an ad management system and i want to migrate my ad management system database (MySQL Database) to SQL Server 2005 Express.

First of... i cannot login to the SQL Server in Classic ASP (i dont know how to connect using connectionstring of SQL Server 2005 Express) unlike ACCESS/MySQL has username/password on it.

Second is... the SQL Server 2005 will not be deployed in the webserver rather... it will be deployed in our database server (another pc).

The SQL server 2005 is installed by default in Visual Studio 2005 which is located in our database server. how can i add user that can access my machine that will my webserver?

thanks for reading my post! Smile
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)SSC Guru (65K reputation)

Group: Administrators
First, forget about Access. SQL Server is a server, like a mail server (Exchange) and so there isn't "a user" or a default.

It doesn't matter if SQL is on the same pc or another, you connect the same. With Express you need to be sure that remote connections are enabled, but the connection is the same. Use TCP, 1433 should be the default, but if you use Express and might end up with multiple instances, be sure that you pick a port that's unused and document that.

The local administrator on the SQL Server machine is an administrator in SQL Server by default. That's called a sysadmin in SQL Server. Connect with that account and then you can add a "login" that you can use to connect. If you want to expect some Windows group, like Power Users, and use NT authentication, then you can connect with SQL Server specifying a trusted connection. If you want to use a name/password, you must create a login (with password), and then create a user in the database where you will store your data.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
varsha.sinyal
varsha.sinyal
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)

Hello

Friends

new to sqlservercentral

i want to connect my web application to sql express come with vs 2005 but don't know the user name and password then what is the procedure to know the user id n pwd .

also let me knw what will be exact connection string for it!

thanks in advance
steveb.
steveb.
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.6K reputation)

varsha.sinyal (7/7/2008)
Hello

Friends

new to sqlservercentral

i want to connect my web application to sql express come with vs 2005 but don't know the user name and password then what is the procedure to know the user id n pwd .

also let me knw what will be exact connection string for it!

thanks in advance

Your user name and password will be whatever you set it to under Logins. Either use Windows Authentication or SQL Authentication it is up to you..
kornflakes20
kornflakes20
Grasshopper

first of all, i finally found the solution for this problem.

first is download Microsoft SQL Management Studio Express here. install and run Management Studio Express. Log in using windows authentication.

you can add users there and use this connectionstring in any programming language. mine is classic asp / vb

Driver={SQL Native Client};Server=COMPUTERNAME\SQLEXPRESS;Database=databasename;Uid=username;Pwd=password;

if you are using vs.net 2005, you can simply use windows authentication. there is a video on this in http://msdn.microsoft.com/.

if you are using SQL express... dont forget to add \SQLEXPRESS before the COMPUTERNAME (eg. COMPUTERNAME\SQLEXPRESS)

goodluck!
varsha.sinyal
varsha.sinyal
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)Grasshopper (12 reputation)

hi
thanks for your help

i have installed management studio

and use the foll connection string

"data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|abc.mdf;User Instance=true"

and my problem is solved

thanks onec again
amit2820
amit2820
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

Hello All,

What is the connection string if we are using JAVA Language and i'm using windows Authentication and my database name is temp............?

Thanks

Amit Trivedi
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (91K reputation)SSC Guru (91K reputation)SSC Guru (91K reputation)SSC Guru (91K reputation)SSC Guru (91K reputation)SSC Guru (91K reputation)SSC Guru (91K reputation)SSC Guru (91K reputation)

Please post new questions in a new thread. Thank you.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.