Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Mirroring In sql server 2005- Witness Full Quorum

Mirroring In sql server 2005- Witness Full Quorum

Author
tapan.1010
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I had similar problem, where one instance shows "Connected" and other instance show "Disconnected" in Database Mirroring Monitor. I have resolved the problem by "Remove Mirroring" and then configuring the same setup again. Hope this may help somebody.
tommi_j
tommi_j
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi Everyone,

Old thread but I have got a similar problem. Edit: Sorry for posting in SQL Server 2005. I will post in correct forum.

I have 2 databases mirrored. They both uses same Primary, same Mirror and same Witness. All servers are SQL Server 2008. The first DB shows fully connected and synchronized in Database Mirroring Monitor but the second DB shows disconnected between Mirror and Witness. A restart of the Witness does not help. A manual failover back and forth of the second DB does not help either.

When I checked sys.database_mirroring_witness in Witness server, I discovered that regarding the second DB, the Mirror server name (TCP://srv.mycompany.com:5022) is missing from mirror_server_name column. Is there a way to fix this?

I guess removing the mirroring and then configuring the same setup again could work but this is a critical DB and not easily done. Is there another way to fix this issue without removing and re-creating mirroring?
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.