SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Backup Job gives Error

Backup Job gives Error

Author
Shahzadi
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (199 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (199 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (199 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (199 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (199 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (199 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (199 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (199 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
HI Guys.
i cannt' understand what's going on the server.. actually i have created a two jobs for full backup for my databases.. One is running perfect but one is giving me following error.

Can any one tells me where i m doing mistake.

Executed as user: Domain\user. Cannot open backup device 'Database_Full(\\192.0.0.1\Backups\FULL_Backups\database_Full.BAK)'. Operating system error 53(error not found). [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3201) BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013). The step failed.
Mohan Kumar
Mohan  Kumar
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)

I think you are using different user for both jobs. Please verify whether user used in failed job has proper access.

--www.sqlvillage.com
Ray Mond
Ray Mond
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (629 reputation)SSChasing Mays (629 reputation)SSChasing Mays (629 reputation)SSChasing Mays (629 reputation)SSChasing Mays (629 reputation)SSChasing Mays (629 reputation)SSChasing Mays (629 reputation)SSChasing Mays (629 reputation)

You are backing up to a network share. Does the SQL Server Agent service startup user have rights to write to that network share?

Ray Mond
Get a SQL Size 2.0 single-instance license for FREE
Claim one here!
thecosmictrickster@gmail.com
thecosmictrickster@gmail.com
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)

Also make sure the folder structure exists - backup will not create any folder structure you specify in the backup command, it has to exist first.

Scott Duncan

MARCUS. Why dost thou laugh? It fits not with this hour.
TITUS. Why, I have not another tear to shed;
--Titus Andronicus, William Shakespeare

george sibbald
george sibbald
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

Operating system error 53 means 'the network path was not found' so looks like your path specified to backup device is wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim Dillon-291542
Jim Dillon-291542
Old Hand
Old Hand (346 reputation)Old Hand (346 reputation)Old Hand (346 reputation)Old Hand (346 reputation)Old Hand (346 reputation)Old Hand (346 reputation)Old Hand (346 reputation)Old Hand (346 reputation)

When you backup to a network share make sure you use a full UNC path to the target.
For example \\MyServerName\MyFolder\MySubFolder\MyBackupFile.BAK
New persopn
New persopn
Old Hand
Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)

it is is same system daily it is working fine today only it is not working.

we have 2 steps in job one is working fine and this one is not working.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.