SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Query Analyzer login

Query Analyzer login

Author
myschif
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Greetings,

I log into SQL 2005 through SQL query analyzer successfully. When I run/execute each query, I am prompted to re-enter the sa password? What causes this?

Thanks in advance

"Some like to understand what they believe in. Others like to believe in what they understand."
--Stanislaus J. Lec
RBarryYoung
RBarryYoung
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)

Right-click: "Query Options"...

under "Execution..Advanced" tab, uncheck "Disconnect after query executes"

--------------------

Is someone practicing April Fool's jokes early today?

-- RBarryYoung, (302)375-0451 blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung
Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
"Performance is our middle name."
myschif
myschif
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (139 reputation)

RBarry,

Thank you for the info. I failed to mention that I am using the SQL Query tool from SQL 2000 which does not have the options you mentioned.

"Some like to understand what they believe in. Others like to believe in what they understand."
--Stanislaus J. Lec
RBarryYoung
RBarryYoung
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)

OK, on QA for SQL 2000 it is under the "Tools" menu, click the "Options" item, then select the "Connections" tab on the dialog that comes up. You should see the "Disconnect after query executes" option on that page.

myschif
myschif
SSC-Enthusiastic

Thank you sir. What if the "Disconnect after query executes" option is not checked?

--Stanislaus J. Lec
RBarryYoung
RBarryYoung
SSC-Dedicated

At the bottom of your query window is a status bar with your connection information. First connect you session, then check to see what it says.

Now execute something like "select suser_sname()", then look at the connection bar again. Did it change?

Finally, execute the same command again. Did the connection bar change? Tell us what the connection bar said in each case, and what errors/etc. occurred at each step.

myschif
myschif
SSC-Enthusiastic

I followed the steps you indicated with the following results:
1. log in; status says sa(115)
2. run query by clicking the run query button; status says sa(115)
3. run query again pressing the F5 key: login screen pops open
3a. I enter the password and press enter
3b. New window opens the status says sa(120)
3c. close the window and return to original window: status says sa(115) press F5 and query runs.

Here is what I determined;
Any query run using the F5 key, I get the login prompt.
Any query run using the run query button runs w/o the login prompt.

Very strange considering the button and the F5 key have always functioned identically in my experience.

Thank you for your assistance. Please let me know if you have a solution for the issue.

--Stanislaus J. Lec
RBarryYoung
RBarryYoung
SSC-Dedicated

Maybe someone has setup one of those function key macros? I don't really know how that's done, so maybe someone who does can jump in?

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.