Thanks to everyone for their help. I have had some success in getting things back and working. I found these on the web which were useful:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224071http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822852
These are the steps I took to get my DTS jobs back:
- Copied the existing SQL Server 2000/2005 Data directories to a backup location
- Uninstalled SQL Server 2005 (all components)
- Uninstalled SQL Server 2000 (all components)
- Reinstalled SQL Server 2000 (everything running under Local System account - mixed mode)
- Stopped SQL Server Service and SQL Agent Service
- Started SQL Server with the following via CMD window:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn>sqlservr -c -m -T3608
- Dettached the MSDB database using the following:
- Copied in my old MSDBDATA.MDF and MSDBLOG.LDF files into the following directory (renamed the newly installed versions as backup):
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\
- Stopped SQL Server single user mode (CTRL-C in CMD window)
- Restarted SQL Server normally
- Ran the following attach script:
sp_attach_db 'msdb','C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\msdbdata.mdf','C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\msdblog.ldf'
Hey presto, my DTS jobs have reappeared!
Now to see if I can attach the other user databases...