Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

How to install on a server?

How to install on a server?

Author
jimmyflores
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi everybody, I have a simple question. Is it possible to install SQL 2005 on a Yahoo Web Hosting Server? and how?

Do I have to have it also installed locally to be able to use it?

Thanks alot everybody and I hope to get this squared away with your help.
Jayanth_Kurup
Jayanth_Kurup
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

I am not sure if I understood your question but i think ur are trying to host a website using Yahoo as your Web host or Service provider. If this is the case then I think the best people to help you would be tech support at yahoo . As per their website . it seems they have a MySQL database that comes as part of the web hosting package.

So i think the answer to your question is No you cannot install SQL Server 2005 on a yahoo web hosting server. :-)

Jayanth Kurup
jimmyflores
jimmyflores
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Well, yes to most of what you said, I have a site hosted with yahoo and needed to install SQL Server 2005. Unofrtunately I hope you are wrong when you say that SQL 2005 cannot be installed. Because if thats so, life just got that much more complicated.
Bob Fazio
Bob Fazio
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (968 reputation)SSC Eights! (968 reputation)SSC Eights! (968 reputation)SSC Eights! (968 reputation)SSC Eights! (968 reputation)SSC Eights! (968 reputation)SSC Eights! (968 reputation)SSC Eights! (968 reputation)

No you can't install.
They apparently only offer mysql.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/hostingfeatures.php
However, you could always do access instead Smile
Scott Arendt
Scott Arendt
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)

Any reason you can't move to a hosting service that offers SQL Server? There's a big ad on the www.asp.net forums right now.

Scott
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.