SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Show Table, Index and Image/Text size.

Show Table, Index and Image/Text size.

Author
Eder F Dias
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Show Table, Index and Image/Text size.
Stevie T
Stevie T
Old Hand
Old Hand (343 reputation)Old Hand (343 reputation)Old Hand (343 reputation)Old Hand (343 reputation)Old Hand (343 reputation)Old Hand (343 reputation)Old Hand (343 reputation)Old Hand (343 reputation)

I like it, but I've got a situation where I want to get it for each db in my instance. I've tried using the sp_MSforeachdb but can't seem to get it working? I've also included the db_name() function so that I can get the full list... Any help would be appreciated

toniupstny
toniupstny
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)

Getting Sizes for Each Index...

I borrowed the concept to create a script to get size of each index instead of size of all indexes for the table.

/* Get tablename, tableid, index name, index id and size in KB(descending) of all indexes for the User tables */
/* Toni M. */

select object_name(x.id) 'table name', x.id 'table id',x.name 'index name', x.indid 'index id',
((x.used * 8192.00)/1024) IndexSizeKb
from sysindexes x
where Substring(x.name,1,7) <> '_WA_SYS' -- do not include statistics
and x.indid not in (0,255) and -- not a table or TEXT/IMAGE
exists(Select type from sysobjects o where o.name = object_name(x.id) -- table name for index
and o.type='U' ) -- user table
order by IndexSizeKb desc
toniupstny
toniupstny
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)

Hi.. this is how I got a proc to run on all dbs

you need to create the proc from the statement(s) on each database (using your standard distribution methods I assume - if you know how to do this please let me know - just learning)

Create procedure indexlist
as
select db_name() 'DataBase',object_name(x.id) tblnm,x.name 'index name',
--rest of query
order by IndexSizeKb desc
go

Then you can use sp_MSforeachdb such as.....

EXEC sp_MSforeachdb @command1 = "Use ? Exec indexlist"
PhilPacha
PhilPacha
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

Why do you use KiloBits for your labels (Kb), when you are calculating KiloBytes (KB)? Capitalization matters, since it changes the meaning.

Iwas Bornready
Iwas Bornready
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)

Thanks for the script.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.