SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

How can I unencrypted a stored procedure

How can I unencrypted a stored procedure

Author
Mai Nguyen-460836
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I got few stored procedures With Encryption for the database that I converted to SQL Server 2000. I need to access those stored procedures. How can I un-encrypted them?
mdaniel
mdaniel
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Try this:
http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1046

SQL_ABD
SQL_ABD
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)

Hi,
You can also check theses links
http://www.sqlmag.com/Article/ArticleID/95728/sql_server_95728.html
http://khsw.blogspot.com/2004/08/decrypt-stored-procedures-on-sql.html
http://www.sql-shield.com/decrypt-stored-procedure.html
http://www.sqlmag.com/Article/ArticleID/14369/How_can_I_decrypt_a_SQL_Server_storedprocedure.html
Regards,
Ahmed
K. Brian Kelley
K. Brian Kelley
Keeper of the Duck
Keeper of the Duck (25K reputation)

Group: Moderators
If it's SQL Server 2000, there's no better tool than:

dSQLSRVD - dOMNAR's SQL Server SysComments Decryptor

It doesn't work on SQL Server 2005, which requires an admin connection, etc., but it's great for SQL Server 2000.

K. Brian Kelley
@‌kbriankelley
Ron Aughenbaugh
Ron Aughenbaugh
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (255 reputation)SSC Veteran (255 reputation)SSC Veteran (255 reputation)SSC Veteran (255 reputation)SSC Veteran (255 reputation)SSC Veteran (255 reputation)SSC Veteran (255 reputation)SSC Veteran (255 reputation)

IF I am not mistaken I thought the unencrypted version is stored in one of the sys tables. Unfortunately I can't remeber which one.
K. Brian Kelley
K. Brian Kelley
Keeper of the Duck
Keeper of the Duck (25K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Ron Aughenbaugh (11/26/2007)
IF I am not mistaken I thought the unencrypted version is stored in one of the sys tables. Unfortunately I can't remeber which one.

Unfortunately, no. In syscomments it is encrypted. I believe in SQL Server 2005 it's encrypted as well. SQL Server 2005 makes it more difficult because you've got to come in via DAC to be able to decrypt.

K. Brian Kelley
@‌kbriankelley
JMSM
JMSM
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

Hello,

Thanks a lot Brian, the tool that you told me (dOMNAR's SQL Server SysComments Decryptor) was very usefull.

Thanks and regards,
JMSM Wink
Jacob Luebbers
Jacob Luebbers
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)

You can get "SQL Server 2005 Code Recovery" from here that does the 2005 DAC decrypt for you in a no-brain manner if you don't mind paying a little.

Regards,

Jacob
Zahran
Zahran
Old Hand
Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)Old Hand (374 reputation)

Try this,

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=505&lngWId=5

- Zahran -
Matt Miller (4)
Matt Miller (4)
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)

Have you tried turning on profiler and running the procedure?

Often enough - Profiler will capture the unencrypted version of the procedure. No fuss, no muss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.