Job Summary/ Overview
To work as part of the MIS team, designing, implementing, maintaining and on going enhancement to the Microsoft SQL server 2005 Data Warehouse and and SSIS packages.
The job role is for a highly motivated, self starter to own the Data Warehouse under little or no supervision.
Responsible for :
- Capacity planning
- Database tuning (including partitioning and indexing strategies)
- Performance maintenance, archiving.
- Definition and Implementation of Backup Strategy and restore.
- Maintenance and developing SSIS packages
Reports to : Data Strategy Manager
Principal duties and responsibilities
· Technical consulting, design, implementation and set up of the Data Warehouse from the test environment onto production.
· Managing Job Schedules
· Setting up and Maintaining Maintenance Plans
· Backup and Restore
- Sustaining strong relationships with senior management, peers and colleagues
MAIN job requirements
Skills Required – MUST
· 2 years SQL Server 2000 and 2005 RDBMS Services in Cluster Environment
· SQL Server 2005 SSIS (Integration Services)
· SQL Server 2000 DTS
· Data Warehousing Principals
· Handling large Data warehouse databases (+300Gb)
· Indexing Strategies and Query Optimisation
· Partitioning Strategies (Database [RDBMS])
· Experience in SAN environments
Skills Required – Nice To Have
· MS SQL Analysis Services – SSAS (OLAP)
· MS SQL Reporting Services - SSRS
· Partitioning Strategies on Analysis Services [OLAP/SSAS]
· Installation and configuration of SQL 2005 Services (RDBMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) in clustered environment.
· Microsoft Certified
· Designing Star Schemas using Kimball methods
Education & Experience
- Educated to degree level
- MCTS, MCITP, MCDBA
Required Competencies (proficiency levels 1 to 5, with 1 being highest and 5 being lowest)
Level of Proficiency
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work without significant supervision
- Great team work orientation
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to be focused and organised
- Ability to lead through and manage change
- High adaptability and desire to improve their environment
This role is based in Marlow, England and the salary is £33,000 p/a. If anyone is interested please call Tom on 0207 621 2300, or email me a cv to email@example.com . I actually get quite a few SQL Server roles, and I can't believe I didn't know this site existed!
Please take the above job spec with a pinch of salt - my client is a medium sized business working a niche market within telecomms - they have just signed an exclusive deal with Skype, so this is a very exciting time to be joining them.