SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 


Error 8144 two many arguments specified & Error 201 parameter missing


Error 8144 two many arguments specified & Error 201 parameter missing

Author
Message
Bhushan Kalla
Bhushan Kalla
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (995 reputation)SSC Eights! (995 reputation)SSC Eights! (995 reputation)SSC Eights! (995 reputation)SSC Eights! (995 reputation)SSC Eights! (995 reputation)SSC Eights! (995 reputation)SSC Eights! (995 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 995 Visits: 71

Hello Folks,

We recently set up replication on SQL Server 2005 and it's working fine till yesterday. We added a new column to the published article yesterday and that broke replication and threw an error "procedure or function sp_MsIns_TableName is missing parameter @c76 (the newly added column is 76th column in this table) Error Number 201" but I verified the replicated system stored procedures (sp_MSins_%, sp_MSupd_%, sp_MSdel%) are up to date with latest schema changes and even the subscriber table has the new column. I have no idea why it's throwing the above error messase ("procedure or function sp_MsIns_TableName is missing parameter @c76 (the newly added column is 76th column in this table) Error Number 201" ).

After lot of struggle to crack down the error, I thought the new column would be the problem and dropped the column on publisher and updated all replicated stored procedures and subscriber article (dropped new column) but now I got different error and that one says "Procedure or function sp_MSins_HHResume has too many arguments specified. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 8144)".

After some online research, I found that the publisher and subscriber are on two different versions builds in my environment (Publisher is on SQL Server 2005 SP2 and Subscriber is on SQL Server 2005 SP1) and still I am not sure about this one. I really appreciate if you can share your experience about this issue or point me to the right source of information.

Thanks,

BK


alen teplitsky
alen teplitsky
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 21544 Visits: 4860
i've had a rash of these lately. seems like upgrading to SP2 or reinstalling SP4 on sql 2000 helps

for the curious, seems to be a bug. we had two published db's of the same name and two published tables of the same name as well going through one distributor to the same subscribers with the destination tables being named different.

changed it for one of the publishers to be it's own distributor
Vernon Jimmerson-306463
Vernon Jimmerson-306463
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (418 reputation)SSC-Addicted (418 reputation)SSC-Addicted (418 reputation)SSC-Addicted (418 reputation)SSC-Addicted (418 reputation)SSC-Addicted (418 reputation)SSC-Addicted (418 reputation)SSC-Addicted (418 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 418 Visits: 391
Did you ever resolve this issue with 2005? I've got the same thing going on.
If I drop and recreated the subscription it seems to work for a while but the error messages
always seem to come back. I found a few articles on this about older version of SQL Server.
I'm thinking it's probably the same issue. One of them says to drop and recreated the publisher table which is not a viable option on a 24 hour production system and a 50 million row table. I did notice different version of sp2 on my publisher and subscribers.


http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281093
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241658
Dave Poole
Dave Poole
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (46K reputation)SSC-Forever (46K reputation)SSC-Forever (46K reputation)SSC-Forever (46K reputation)SSC-Forever (46K reputation)SSC-Forever (46K reputation)SSC-Forever (46K reputation)SSC-Forever (46K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 46150 Visits: 3889
I work in an environment with SQL2000 and SQL2005 and have found that I run into problems where replication thinks it should be running sp_MSdelMyTable
but replication has created
sp_MSdeldboMyTable.

Check to make sure that you don't have both on your system. If you do you could be looking at a perfectly good one not realising that the other is at fault.

Also, I would set up a test database in your development environment with your table then set up replication from your test database to a test subscriber. This will generate the replication stored procs. You can then use these stored procs on your LIVE box.

LinkedIn Profile
www.simple-talk.com
Go


Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.
You can't delete your own posts.
You can't delete other posts.
You can't post events.
You can't edit your own events.
You can't edit other events.
You can't delete your own events.
You can't delete other events.
You can't send private messages.
You can't send emails.
You can read topics.
You can't vote in polls.
You can't upload attachments.
You can download attachments.
You can't post HTML code.
You can't edit HTML code.
You can't post IFCode.
You can't post JavaScript.
You can post emoticons.
You can't post or upload images.

Select a forum








































































































































































SQLServerCentral


Search