SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Upsert Dimension Table

Upsert Dimension Table

Author
VincentRainardi
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (791 reputation)Right there with Babe (791 reputation)Right there with Babe (791 reputation)Right there with Babe (791 reputation)Right there with Babe (791 reputation)Right there with Babe (791 reputation)Right there with Babe (791 reputation)Right there with Babe (791 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted here are about the content posted at temp
Calvin Lawson
Calvin Lawson
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Is it just me, or is the article missing?

Signature is NULL
uday balaji
uday balaji
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)

Hi,

I urgently need to know how to carry out an UPSERT in SSIS 2005. If anyone knows the way to do it, please let me know as soon as possible.

TIA,

Uday.

John McC
John McC
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

The article is printed in one of the fullstops via microfilm (lol)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Normal chaos will be resumed as soon as possible. Crazy
uday balaji
uday balaji
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (162 reputation)

Ok.... i havent the slightest idea what that meant!
ALZDBA
ALZDBA
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)

same player shoot again .... hit ball when lights are on

Johan

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere w00t

- How to post Performance Problems
- How to post data/code to get the best help

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt ?

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution :-D

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me Alien but most of the time this is me Hehe
Calvin Lawson
Calvin Lawson
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Oh, upsert...thought this was the upskirt discussion.

But seriously, what's wrong with the following?

Update e
set ColumnName = i.ColumnName
from ImportTable i
JOIN TableName e on i.uniqueID = e.uniqueID

Insert TableName (ColumnName)
select i.ColumnName
from ImportTable i
LEFT JOIN TableName e on i.uniqueID = e.uniqueID
where e.uniqueID is null

Database 101, but is there some newfangled way to do this in the new Analytics? You'd still need to build the dimension and fact tables using SQL (or something), right?

Signature is NULL
Alan Hargreaves
Alan Hargreaves
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)SSC Rookie (40 reputation)

Delete from the target table where the same data exists in the source table. At this point if the source row = target row its ok. If source row has updated values you dont care either becuase the next step is to insert all source rows to the target which is essentially overwritting rows that have been updated within the source.

The easiest way of all however would be to use some kind of auditing within you loads from source to target. But we dont live in a perfect world.

If I could VPN to a client site I would add a sample package but again, we dont live in a perfect world!!!!!

uday balaji
uday balaji
SSC-Enthusiastic

My question was not how do it in the DB directly. Im trying to figure out if there is a way in Sql Server Integration Services (DTS) to do the same using a transformation.
esbob cz
esbob cz
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)

Hi, use Lookup transformation on SSIS data flow page with the referential table. It is possible to update in standard output flow or insert in configured error flow.

Robert

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.