Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

A Special Announcement from Andy, Brian, and Steve

A Special Announcement from Andy, Brian, and Steve

Author
Andy Warren
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Comments posted here are about the content posted at temp

Andy
SQLAndy - My Blog!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Steve Erbach
Steve Erbach
Valued Member
Valued Member (73 reputation)Valued Member (73 reputation)Valued Member (73 reputation)Valued Member (73 reputation)Valued Member (73 reputation)Valued Member (73 reputation)Valued Member (73 reputation)Valued Member (73 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Dear Andy, Brian, and Steve,

Excellent news! This is one of the best technical sites on the web and it sounds like you fellas have made a terrific move to not only further your careers but make SQL Server Central stronger into the future.

I wish all of you the best of luck.

Steven W. Erbach
Neenah, WI
http://thetowncrank.blogspot.com
swjohnson
swjohnson
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (570 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (570 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (570 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (570 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (570 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (570 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (570 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (570 reputation)

The site you have created over the past five years has been a godsend to SQL Pros everywhere!  You all must be commended.  I have also worked with the Red-Gate team and they are damn good too and I think it will be a good match.  

Thanks for all your help in the past and best wishes for your future endeavors.  I know you will do well!

Shawn 

Accepting all invites
lancea
lancea
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)

I'm assuming you got a better price than the YouTube founders. That makes sense since (a) SQLServerCentral is a damn sight more useful; and (b) you've earned it.

I always feel a pang of regret when something that's part of my daily life is sold. It happens so much, whether it be great software or a web site created by enthusiasts. Fortunately Red-gate isn't a big corporate interested in destroying competition. I know they're enthusiasts too, so this shouldn't be a negative thing for your readers and contributors. I'm very pleased for you guys. You deserve to get some return for what has mostly been a labour of love. Congratulations!

Sadly I won't see any of you at PASS this year. I'm still recovering financially from last year's trip! Hopefully next year.

You did get more than the YouTube guys - didn't you?

Dinesh Asanka
Dinesh Asanka
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (912 reputation)SSC Eights! (912 reputation)SSC Eights! (912 reputation)SSC Eights! (912 reputation)SSC Eights! (912 reputation)SSC Eights! (912 reputation)SSC Eights! (912 reputation)SSC Eights! (912 reputation)

Wish you 3, all the best for your future.

I really recomed your effort to put this site success and I learnt lot by contributing to this site

My Blog: http://dineshasanka.spaces.live.com/
Calvin Lawson
Calvin Lawson
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (582 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (582 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (582 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (582 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (582 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (582 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (582 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (582 reputation)

Wow, awesome news for you guys, congratulations! If I was going to be at PASS this year I'd shake your hands, but I'm cheap and couldn't get anybody to pick up the bill, so maybe next year.

Redgate is a good company, and here's hoping they don't screw up the site.

cl

Signature is NULL
Stewart Joslyn
Stewart Joslyn
Old Hand
Old Hand (345 reputation)Old Hand (345 reputation)Old Hand (345 reputation)Old Hand (345 reputation)Old Hand (345 reputation)Old Hand (345 reputation)Old Hand (345 reputation)Old Hand (345 reputation)

Congratulations and good luck for the future.  Most of (the little) that I know about SQL Server I've learnt from your site - so a big thankyou.

Begging letter follows :-)

Muhammad Choirul Amri
Muhammad Choirul Amri
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

great! hopefully you have a nice fortune.

some questions remaining:

Is SSC still free in the future?

Are Brian, Steve, Andy, still in the editorial board?

Rayven
Rayven
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)

Excellent news guys, and good luck for the future.

This site has saved my neck on a couple of occassions, always insightful, always informative, and sometimes great for a bloody good laugh.

Congratulations are definitely in order for you all and hope that the future continues to grow just as rosy.

---------------------------------------
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

dUros
dUros
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)

This site is the best site on the internet and I hope that will be in the future too. ReedGate is a good company.

Andy, Brian and Steve I wish you the best.

Uros

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.