SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

QuickBooks to SQL Server

QuickBooks to SQL Server

Author
Adam Campbell
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)SSC Journeyman (78 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members

Does anyone have any ideas of ways to communicate between SQL Server and Quickbooks? I have found a couple of products out there, but does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Adam

Jeff Gray
Jeff Gray
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Try

www.qodbc.com

jg

Jeff Gray
Jeff Gray
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

I suppose that I should mention: I've used the QODBC driver and it did what I needed.

jg

jsmith-979014
jsmith-979014
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)

Is that the version that comes with Quickbooks Enterprise or a purchased version?
Russ Riopelle
Russ Riopelle
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (615 reputation)SSChasing Mays (615 reputation)SSChasing Mays (615 reputation)SSChasing Mays (615 reputation)SSChasing Mays (615 reputation)SSChasing Mays (615 reputation)SSChasing Mays (615 reputation)SSChasing Mays (615 reputation)

We just purchased the Server version of QODBC. If we try to extract data from QB using an OPENQUERY statement in a stored procedure using a linked server it runs just one time. It leaves an open SPID which cannot be killed(have to restart the server to kill!!). Just wondering if you have had this experience. I have researched this on line and what I have found is that it is a SQL problem. Any help would be appreciated.

tomc 99431
tomc 99431
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

Synergration offers a product that replicates QuickBooks to a SQL Server database. There web site is www.synergration.com
minu.mukkada
minu.mukkada
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

Can you please tell us the steps you have used to connect QB to SQL server using QODBC. We have been working on this especially other solutions like OpenSync, but we are not having success. Any help would be great.
Lowell
Lowell
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)

i had used the quickbooks driver from http://www.rssbus.com/ado/quickbooks/ so i could connect via a .NET application;

They had a decent amount of examples, and it was pretty easy to connect and view the data; from there, i could put the data in a datatable in .NET, and do what i want with it after that, for example copy all the tables to SQL server for example.

When i did that is was the version 1.0 driver, and it did work well, but one specific thing that i was looking for, which was the Relations/ Foreign key equivilent for Payments Received-to-Invoices-Paid was not exposed; That was a critical piece for the process I was building, so I stopped investigating that.
Their driver is now labeled 2.0, but it was definteily straight forward if you are a programmer.

Lowell

--
help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

rookpsu
rookpsu
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

minu.mukkada (6/27/2012)
Can you please tell us the steps you have used to connect QB to SQL server using QODBC. We have been working on this especially other solutions like OpenSync, but we are not having success. Any help would be great.

Minu,

I work closely with the development team at Synergration. I'm curious, what issues did you experience with OpenSync that inhibited your success? I'm happy to assist and curious to know so we can enhance the product moving forward.
dh9226542
dh9226542
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

I dont Know But I suggest you Quickbooks technical Support expert. They Solve your problem
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.