SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Backup-failing with I/O error

Backup-failing with I/O error

Author
binu john
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members

Hello,

We are use to take backup with Sql Lite speed.I am getting this error while trying for backup database.

I have checked the space, its ok.

Does anybody faced this kind of error ever??

Date 10/13/2005 7:31:34 PM
Log SQL Server (Current - 10/13/2005 10:33:00 PM)

Source spid92

BackupVirtualDeviceFile::RequestDurableMedia: Flush failure on backup device 'VDI_8E00F75A-F768-4959-ABBC-BB9F2C3F7163_1'. Operating system error 995(The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.).

Regards

Binu John

Site Owners
Site Owners
SSCoach
SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)

Group: Administrators
No one has responded to this topic yet. Even if you don't have a complete answer, the original poster will appreciate any thoughts you have!
Vichka
Vichka
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (622 reputation)SSChasing Mays (622 reputation)SSChasing Mays (622 reputation)SSChasing Mays (622 reputation)SSChasing Mays (622 reputation)SSChasing Mays (622 reputation)SSChasing Mays (622 reputation)SSChasing Mays (622 reputation)

I don't think there is anything to do with the space, it says "of either a thread exit or an application request" - something interrupted your backup...Can it be another job ran or application something...update or so - and there were something like "kill other processes" and your backup got killed?

Check activities around your backup.

Nina Boss
Nina Boss
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)SSC Journeyman (77 reputation)

I see you wrote this two years ago. I am seeing this same problem today, using LiteSpeed also. Did you ever resolve this? Thanks.
varunchandu22
varunchandu22
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (107 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (107 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (107 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (107 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (107 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (107 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (107 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (107 reputation)

I AM GUSESSING this happens when an other job either an full backup starts before completing of the previous log backup.....because even i got th same error...

Error: 18210, Severity: 16, State: 1.
BackupMedium::ReportIoError: write failure on backup device 'VDI_209FE1C2-2F07-46D7-B966-BB2E687AAB24_0'. Operating system error 1223(The operation was canceled by the user.).
Error: 3041, Severity: 16, State: 1.
BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP DATABASE Aris702P. Check the backup application log for detailed messages.
Error: 18210, Severity: 16, State: 1.
BackupVirtualDeviceFile::RequestDurableMedia: Flush failure on backup device 'VDI_209FE1C2-2F07-46D7-B966-BB2E687AAB24_0'. Operating system error 995(The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.).
The alert for 'unsent log' has been raised. The current value of '97985' surpasses the threshold '20000'.
Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 11.
Bijoy.Kaiprath
Bijoy.Kaiprath
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)SSC Eights! (904 reputation)

It seems that Sql Server is unable to access the database files at startup....could you please once again check the permissions and provide modify privilege to the folder containing database files to the startup account.....also ensure that antivirus/anti-spyware is not accessing these files. If you are using third party tool to perform backup, then check whether the relevant drivers or fixes are updated.
Atif-ullah Sheikh
Atif-ullah Sheikh
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)

The solution of this is posted here...

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=308642

its some connectivity (networking) issue between client and the server

Atif Sheikh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.

You can check my BLOG here

GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (588K reputation)SSC Guru (588K reputation)SSC Guru (588K reputation)SSC Guru (588K reputation)SSC Guru (588K reputation)SSC Guru (588K reputation)SSC Guru (588K reputation)SSC Guru (588K reputation)

Please note that the post you are answering is almost a year old.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

binu john
binu john
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)

Nice to see comments after long three years..Smile
Atif-ullah Sheikh
Atif-ullah Sheikh
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.4K reputation)

I think I accessed this post by SSC homepage....
I really didnt see the post started in 2005...

Atif Sheikh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.

You can check my BLOG here

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.