SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Litespeed for SQL Server

Litespeed for SQL Server

Author
Debbi Porter
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members

Hi all, Sounds like lots of experience out there. I'm looking for some suggestions for a standard install to our production/DR/Dev/Test and UA servers. Any gotchas with installing/supporting the Activity Logging (other than that stated above).

It sounds like the Activity Logging must reside locally on each server where LiteSpeed is installed. Is there any performance hit or major capacity planning to be considered before the installation? We have a mission-critical oltp.

Your help is greatly appreciated! TIA!

Dale Corey
Dale Corey
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (953 reputation)SSC Eights! (953 reputation)SSC Eights! (953 reputation)SSC Eights! (953 reputation)SSC Eights! (953 reputation)SSC Eights! (953 reputation)SSC Eights! (953 reputation)SSC Eights! (953 reputation)

Debbi,

It has been a year since I did this review. I would highly advice you to try Imceda's Live Chat Mode or email them directly. I would hate to steer you in the wrong direction. I was highly impressed by their response to Chat last year.

Good luck!

All the best,

Dale

Author: An Introduction to SQL Server 2005 Management Studio
Malcolm Leach
Malcolm Leach
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (273 reputation)SSC Veteran (273 reputation)SSC Veteran (273 reputation)SSC Veteran (273 reputation)SSC Veteran (273 reputation)SSC Veteran (273 reputation)SSC Veteran (273 reputation)SSC Veteran (273 reputation)

Hi Dale,

Sorry - I missed your reply to my original post and I was just trawling through my old posts...

I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't saying that you were an Imceda stooge, just that some of the figures seemed to be gleaned from their website at the time.

My main concern was that I was hoping to see some hard core testing against big databases as, I imagine, a large number of people buy Litespeed for, um, it's speed Therefore I was disappointed to see a test against Northwind, even if it was on your home lab PC.

I do work with Mark, yes, and I welcome competition

Malcolm
DB Ghost - Build, compare and synchronize from source control = Database Change Management for SQL Server
www.dbghost.com
Brian Lockwood
Brian Lockwood
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (440 reputation)SSC-Addicted (440 reputation)SSC-Addicted (440 reputation)SSC-Addicted (440 reputation)SSC-Addicted (440 reputation)SSC-Addicted (440 reputation)SSC-Addicted (440 reputation)SSC-Addicted (440 reputation)

post reply - take 2 ....

what about this benchmark?

http://weblog.infoworld.com/dbunderground/archives/2006/10/just_when_you_t.html - it's not on Northwind

Brian Lockwood
President
ApexSQL - SQL Developer Essentials

http://www.apexsql.com/blog

Stand up for an Independent SQL Community - be Informed
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.