SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Cell from table within each row

Cell from table within each row

Author
DKY
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I have a query with the top 25 records that I need to display and I can create a table in SSRS and display these but the problem is I need to display one of the fields from each row underneath each ssrs table row.

so a normal table looks something like this:

And I'm trying to get it to look more like this:

***** EDIT: added the dashes by Val5 to keep the width of the column.
DKY
DKY
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)

Bump.
Curious if no one's responding because the request is not possible or because I'm not clear.
Eirikur Eiriksson
Eirikur Eiriksson
SSCoach
SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)

Quick thought, isn't Merge Cells what you are after here?
Cool
Ville-Pekka Vahteala
Ville-Pekka Vahteala
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)

If I understand you correctly this should be quite easy.
I understood that you want to have second detail row for val5 for each detail row. If this is correct then you just need to insert row inside detail group below current detail row. Then just merge cells you want. You might also need to move group below detail group to make some room for extra row.
DKY
DKY
SSC-Enthusiastic

Ville-Pekka Vahteala (8/28/2014)
If I understand you correctly this should be quite easy.
I understood that you want to have second detail row for val5 for each detail row. If this is correct then you just need to insert row inside detail group below current detail row. Then just merge cells you want. You might also need to move group below detail group to make some room for extra row.

That's exactly what I'm looking for Ville-Pekka. Is there a way to repeat the headers of the table for every Group?

And I'm not sure exactly what this means "You might also need to move group below detail group to make some room for extra row."
DKY
DKY
SSC-Enthusiastic

Bump
I'm still looking to see if there's a way to repeat the headers of the table for every Group? Is this possible?
Ville-Pekka Vahteala
Ville-Pekka Vahteala
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)SSC Veteran (226 reputation)

Do you have any groups in report yet?
If so then you just need to set group header section visible.
If you don't then just add ROW_NUMBER to your query and group by that field in the report.

Or then you can just add one more detail section above earlier two and put headers there so headers will be shown for each detail row. But I would prefer using groups.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.