SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Generating a Bar Code

Generating a Bar Code

Author
mivica
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/mivica/generatingabarcode.asp

gerardj
gerardj
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

all i can say is.... WOW!!!
Vasc
Vasc
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (577 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (577 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (577 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (577 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (577 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (577 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (577 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (577 reputation)

Nice Job

I just wnat to point out a few things:

- a true type font is needed to reproduce the BarCode (in this case is used Code39 wich is free)(the actual text has to be inside * signs)

-the font should be available on the machine that wants to do the printing

-with this font you won't be able to print EAN13 BarCodes (or other symbologies)

-the X size of a BarCode is decided by the thikness of each bar used to reproduce the barcode ( for this font the X size is the same when you have the same no of chars for others can vary a lot)

- sp_makewebtask can be used

- table variable can be used instead of temp

Kindest Regards,

Vasc
owenzhang1977
owenzhang1977
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

this is a nice procedure

but in my sql server i can not running normal

if any font need to install?

draw out 2 files

c:\code.eot

c:\psocode39.html

way i can not view the bar code ,

Whom know please advise me.

Many thanks!

BestRegards.

Owen

ivica
ivica
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)

You don't need to install any fonts. Check IE version. Those 2 files are OK. Start html file from c: drive and that's it!

Harold Espinosa Ch.
Harold Espinosa Ch.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

I think it is a very good Routine.

I have one question.

How can i print some label with a Vertical barcode and some text using this routine?

ej.

--------------------------------------------

| BarCode (Horizontal) |

| N |

| a |

| m |

| e barcode(vertical) |

-----------------------------------------------

hech1@yahoo.com

Harold Espinosa

Maria Iqbal Mir
Maria Iqbal Mir
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

im completely new to this bar code thing. i have downloaded the file on the page but im not sure what to do now? in which db should i run exeucute the .sql file and what am i supposed to do then?

pleeeeeeeeeeease let me know as soon as possible

thank you

Matt Boiteau
Matt Boiteau
Valued Member
Valued Member (55 reputation)Valued Member (55 reputation)Valued Member (55 reputation)Valued Member (55 reputation)Valued Member (55 reputation)Valued Member (55 reputation)Valued Member (55 reputation)Valued Member (55 reputation)

How can we edit the binary string, so we can use this code off of our Intranet and not just C:?? I like this Font better that you are using then the free 'Free 3 of 9 Extended' that you can find on the Intranet.

To make a vertical barcode, here is a style..

<html><head>
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!-- @font-face {font-family: Free 3 of 9 Extended;font-style: normal;font-weight: normal;src: url(BarCode.eot);}
.verticaltext{writing-mode: tb-rl;}
P.page { page-break-after: always; }-->
</STYLE>
</head>
<body>

<td class="verticaltext" nowrap ><font face="Free 3 of 9 Extended" size="5">*$%Q1%$*</font></td>

anthony.cusack
anthony.cusack
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

The whole process looks great!

When I try to download the SQL procedures I get an empty screen saying that the search returned nothing.

Can someone post a copy of the code39.sql in a reply?

Thanks
Anthony
yan_aung
yan_aung
Valued Member
Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)

Aa above, download still failed. Can some post it in reply?

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.