SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Unwelcome posts on our forums

Unwelcome posts on our forums

Author
thomashohner
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (908 reputation)SSC Eights! (908 reputation)SSC Eights! (908 reputation)SSC Eights! (908 reputation)SSC Eights! (908 reputation)SSC Eights! (908 reputation)SSC Eights! (908 reputation)SSC Eights! (908 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Spammers are just plain jerks. Thank you SSC for working on this. Your team is appreciated!

***SQL born on date Spring 2013:-)
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)

You folks have always been the best. Thanks for all the you've done and are getting ready to do.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced ree-bar and is a Modenism for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column.
If you think its expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Forum FAQs
Gary Varga
Gary Varga
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

I appreciate all your efforts in this. The combination of luck and your efforts mean that it has been a while since I've seen anything that could constitute SPAM, mad ramblings yes (after all I do sometimes read my own posts), but SPAM no.

Thanks.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!
Robert.Sterbal
Robert.Sterbal
Old Hand
Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)

I'm lucky I've avoided the spambots here for the most part.

Keep us informed of any other concrete things we can do to help.
Sean Lange
Sean Lange
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)

The crazy amount of spam lately has been quite shocking. Thank you for staying on top of it. It is challenging to deal with this sort of thing and not make it difficult for legitimate users at the same time. Thanks again for doing what you do. It is appreciated.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Modens splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Miles Neale
Miles Neale
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)

SPAM use to be a rarity, then a cottage industry, and now almost a fortune 500 enterprize. I thought years ago that it would decline as those generating it would suffer from diminished returns like a very poor business reputation for their outlandish practices, but they do not seem to care at all.

If the time comes, and I really do not hope it does, but if that time comes where the internet is governed I hope the government US Internet Post Office of that regulation body will be able to identify SPAMMERS and charge them the cost of a snail mail letter for every SPAMMY message they send.

If not the day will come when some SPAMMER over stimulates a savant and the savant will eliminate not only the original SPAMMER but put and end to all this unwanted SPAM misery.

Maybe I should write a book. End of Rant! Happy Friday!

:-)

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!
Lowell
Lowell
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)One Orange Chip (29K reputation)

you could consider creating an easy way for some of the most prolific volunteers on the site to be able to feed a post to something for an automated removal; so say Sean or Grant or Gail used the existing {Report!} link, and the text they pasted contained a specific key, that post (or all posts from that user in the last 24 hours) might get auto removed.

just a thought.

Lowell

--
help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Ed Wagner
Ed Wagner
SSCoach
SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)

Add me to the list of users who appreciate all you do. You have a very useful and popular site and deal with things very well as they come up. As with anything, some things are harder than others, but you guys do a great job. Thanks.

Tally Tables - Performance Personified
String Splitting with True Performance
Best practices on how to ask questions
Eirikur Eiriksson
Eirikur Eiriksson
SSCoach
SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)

Appreciate the effort! Thanks!
Cool
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)

Thanks for all the effort!

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.