Senior Operational Database Administrator
As a Senior Operational Database Administrator, your essential job functions will include the following:
• Collaborate with Business Intelligence analyst to design and tune complex ETL and BI database schemas.
• Collaborate with SQL Developers to design and tune complex stored procedures and high throughput OLTP database schemas.
• Monitor system for normal operations including database availability, performance tuning, indexing, data/error checking, and error handling.
• Recommend, perform upgrades, and patching to maintain reliability and performance.
• Daily administration of database event logs.
• Follow system management standards and procedures including naming conventions and directory structures, local and remote access rights, and server and client software.
• Perform day-to-day database administration activities to ensure integrity, security and availability of production and development environments.
• Adhere to standard change control procedures across production and development environments.
• Make recommendations to improve database and application design standards that will increase performance, reliability, and ease of administration.
• Work closely with senior database staff in support of project deliverables.
• Perform database access security in adherence with security policies.
• Work with the Infrastructure team to maintain current releases of the operating system, application and software patch levels.
• Creation of scheduled processes (ETL, SSIS packages, scripts, etc.) to automate functions, processes and to monitor database usage.
• Monitor and resolve assigned priority issues in accordance to departmental metrics and established Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Work with System Administrators to monitor capacity thresholds including disk and memory storage requirements; assist with setup and periodic failover testing of high availability databases.
• Work with the Application Development team in support of new applications development and database designs that are efficient and optimized to meet the performance needs of the business.
• Resolve database issues with support from the Applications Development, Infrastructure Team and vendor support teams.
Other Duties as Assigned.
• Requires a four-year degree in Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ years of experience working as a DBA in a software development team responsible for maintaining a Microsoft SQL server environment, data schemas and writing stored procedures.
• SQL 2008 / 2012 replication and knowledge of high availability environments.
• Expert in tuning OLAP Datamarts and transactional databases.
• Expert in use of SQLServer’s DMV views.
• Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence considered a Plus.
• Knowledgeable in SAP Data Integrator and/or DBMoto considered a plus.
• Experience with Oracle Times Ten considered a plus.
• DB2 UDB for iSeries experience considered a plus.
• Skills in data aggregation using SSIS; experience with ETL applications.
• Able to work flexible schedules including 3rd shift rotation.
• Strong communication skills.
• Capability in working both independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced high growth environment.
• Must have excellent Customer Service attitude and focus.
• Experience with SQL 2008 / 2005.
• Experience with SQL 2012 considered a plus
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com