Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Showing the same report layout but multiple times for different invoices

Showing the same report layout but multiple times for different invoices

Author
Philip Dodgson
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi,

I am after some help and please excuse the subject description, I was struggling to think of the best way to describe what I am trying to do.

At the moment I have a report that when you select a Work Order from a drop down, you are then presented with a list of Invoices associated with that Work Order, you select the ones that you want and the report generates two groups of data shown in the report one that gives the invoice details, Labour/Parts etc grouped by Work Order and Task.

The second group of data summarises this data by section,

The Data set that is being used has everything at a task level to allow the grouping.

All this works fine, the problem that I have now is the powers that be want to be able to generate a complete copy of the report multiple times per invoice and have everything grouped at invoice level, I can change the grouping to show by Invoice but I am just left with sections duplicated in my first data but for each of the different invoices. What I want is a complete copy of the report generate at an Invoice level and grouped at an Invoice level based on each of the Invoices that I select.

Again excuse me if this has been explained badly as I can see what I want to do but not sure how to explain it in the best way to get help, if it assists I can upload a copy of the exsisting report.

Thanks in advance P
David Burrows
David Burrows
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)

Are you able to provide am example of the output as it is now and what you want it to look like?

Obfuscate the data if it is sensitive.

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.

Anon.

Philip Dodgson
Philip Dodgson
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)

Hi David,

Would a screen shot of the exsisting report help, is there a way to upload a file or image on here?

Thanks Phil
David Burrows
David Burrows
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)SSCertifiable (8K reputation)

When you post there is a button bottom right (Edit Attachments) that will allow you to add attachments.
If you could make a mock up of what you want it to look like would enable us to see what the problem is.

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.

Anon.

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.