SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

The given key was not present in the dictionary. SSIS XML SOURCE

The given key was not present in the dictionary. SSIS XML SOURCE

Author
MikeLPlates
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi folks

Just looking for suggestions really.

I've got to load multiple XML files into a database. I've managed (finally) to reduce the XML file to the elements I'm interested in using an XSLT task. I can load the first XML file fine. But when I tried a second, it turned up the above error.

I originally generated the XSD file from the first XML file (although I have amended it). However, I've visited several sites, XMLFormatter etc and validated the generated XSD against the second XML file. All 3 report valid structure and content, and yet, when I run the SSIS package it fails.

The exact error message is

[XML Source [1]] Error: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DtsDataTableCollection.AssociateTablesWithBuffers(IDTSOutputCollection100 outputs, IDTSBufferManager100 bufferManager, Int32 localeID, DataSet dataSet)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DtsDataTableCollection..ctor(XmlSourceAdapter xmlSourceAdapter, IDTSOutputCollection100 outputs, Int32 localeID, DataSet dataSet, IDTSBufferManager100 bufferManager)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.XmlSourceAdapter.Validate()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostValidate(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper)

I'm finding it difficult to identify what to look at. Is this an XML error or a SSIS error? Any suggestions for how to proceed would be VERY gratefully received. How do I identify the key in question?

Regards
Eirikur Eiriksson
Eirikur Eiriksson
SSCoach
SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)SSCoach (15K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Could you post the xsd and some sample xml, hard to tell what is happening without more info.
Cool
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.