I'm actually returning data with single quotes in the string. So, in my query, I'm including a column name "Reason" and the data in that column, pretty much every row, consists of a string of words and numbers (IP address in most cases) that have single quotes in the string. For example, the string will look like this - A dog walking down the street on 'today looked like my' old dog.
See the single quotes around "today looked like my"? And in the next row, the quotes could be wrapped around another set of words. So, I don't know where they will appear, just that they do appear.
And so, when I pass that column to the sub-report, it will return zero rows because I believe it has something to do with the single quotes. I tried to replace the quotes that I'm passing to the sub-report using an expression but either I'm not doing something right or it just doesn't work - =Replace(Field!Reason.Value, " ' ", " ").
I wrote a SQL function to remove the quotes and since the data that gets inserted into the table is imported, as a workaround, I remove the quotes before inserting into the table. That definitely increases the time it takes to complete.
So, that's my dilemma but I can make it work - maybe not the most efficient way but I can get it.