SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

20467B Textbook (70-467 Prep course)

20467B Textbook (70-467 Prep course)

Author
TheComedian
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Does anybody know what book they're using for the 20467B course and where I can get it? This is a prep for the 70-467 exam.
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)

You get the book when you follow the official course.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
TheComedian
TheComedian
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)SSC Veteran (239 reputation)

Isn't there a copy available on the Internet? I don't think taking the course is a possibility for me since I'll be hard pressed to convince my employer to pay over 2,000 Euros for a course.
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)

TheComedian (4/2/2014)
Isn't there a copy available on the Internet? I don't think taking the course is a possibility for me since I'll be hard pressed to convince my employer to pay over 2,000 Euros for a course.

I don't think you can buy an official version of the book without attending the course.

My blog at SQLKover.

GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)

Koen Verbeeck (4/2/2014)
TheComedian (4/2/2014)

I don't think you can buy an official version of the book without attending the course.

Correct. The MOC training material is only available when you take the course.

To be honest, they're not that great anyway. Check Amazon for books on the subjects covered by the exam, they're more likely to be usable after the exam, rather than covering just what you need to pass the exam, not what is needed to work with the products.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

TheComedian
TheComedian
SSC Veteran

Thanks for the replies. Any suggestions for the reading material? My concern is that in 3 weeks, the exam will be updated to include SQL Server 2014 material and I'm not sure how to prepare for it.
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
One Orange Chip

TheComedian (4/2/2014)
Thanks for the replies. Any suggestions for the reading material? My concern is that in 3 weeks, the exam will be updated to include SQL Server 2014 material and I'm not sure how to prepare for it.

This exam is a bit of a overview exam concerning all BI features. You'll need to know SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and SharePoint integration as well.
The books used for the exams 70-463 and 70-466 are good preparations, but the exam tends to test experience more than just book knowledge.

My blog at SQLKover.

TheComedian
TheComedian
SSC Veteran

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
dapoole
dapoole
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (124 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (124 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (124 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (124 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (124 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (124 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (124 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (124 reputation)

TheComedian (4/2/2014)
Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

I've attended the courses intended for both the 70-466 and 70-467 examinations, and after passing 70-466 I can confirm that this course helps greatly. I've not yet sat 70-467 but when I do I will let you know how it relates to the official course I attended.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.