1. Created a database with a couple of tables with no data.
2. Taken a full database backup - db.bak.
3. Deleted the database.
4. Restored the database db.bak and filled the tables with some data.
5. Taken log backup - dblog.trn
BACKUP LOG <dbname> to DISK='D:\Demo\dblog.trn' WITH NO_TRUNCATE, INIT
6. Dropped the database again.
7. Restored the database again from db.bak.
8. But when I am trying to restore log file dblog.trn on this database, i keep getting this error :
The log or differential backup cannot be restored because no files are ready to rollforward.
Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally.
What is wrong, can someone enlighten me please. I am new to DB Admin. Thanks.