I got into something interesting last week when i was working on SSRS 2008 R2 reports. So i need to clarify on that.
I have a table with around 1000 records and one of the column name is ITEM_NAME. The datatype is nvarchar(80). I built a SSRS report based on that table. I have 2 parameters. Country and ITEM_NAME. ITEM_NAME is wildcard parameter. Everything was running fine until i got some new data for ITEM_NAME like 'Pre order #1' , 'Pre Order #2' and so on. When i ran the report, i am not able to see the records with ITEM_NAME consists of '#'.
For EX: For country Mexico, i have two item names. 'Pre Order' and 'Pre Order #1'. If i select Mexico and view the report, i am seeing only 1 record with item_name 'Pre Order'. The ITEM_NAME with '#' is not showing up in the report.
My Question is, is this a BUG or any SSRS limitations that when we use wildcard parameter on any column, that column should not contain special characters like '#'.