SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL Server Agent Jobs Statistics

SQL Server Agent Jobs Statistics

Author
aakash9
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQL Server Agent Jobs Statistics
vesa.juvonen
vesa.juvonen
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (222 reputation)SSC Veteran (222 reputation)SSC Veteran (222 reputation)SSC Veteran (222 reputation)SSC Veteran (222 reputation)SSC Veteran (222 reputation)SSC Veteran (222 reputation)SSC Veteran (222 reputation)

Does not even compile
Mark-327565
Mark-327565
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)Grasshopper (11 reputation)

vesa.juvonen (10/11/2013)
Does not even compile

I've copied and pasted the script verbatim and was successful in executing on a SQL 2000 server against the msdb database.
aakash9
aakash9
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)SSC Journeyman (98 reputation)

There is a small bug in the script Hehe . Updated script will be published soon.
Iwas Bornready
Iwas Bornready
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (36K reputation)

Thanks for the script.
francesco.mantovani
francesco.mantovani
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)

The script is not working on SSMS 2016

Sue_H
Sue_H
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)

francesco.mantovani - Wednesday, July 26, 2017 4:43 PM

It looks like you are in master when you are executing the script. You would need to be in msdb.

Sue

francesco.mantovani
francesco.mantovani
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (157 reputation)

Sue_H - Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:40 PM
francesco.mantovani - Wednesday, July 26, 2017 4:43 PM

It looks like you are in master when you are executing the script. You would need to be in msdb.

Sue

Yes, you were right, I was in a Master but then run the same script on a database and I received the same error

Sue_H
Sue_H
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (30K reputation)

francesco.mantovani - Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:47 PM

Yes, you were right, I was in a Master but then run the same script on a database and I received the same error

I can get the error too if I'm not in msdb. The table is in the msdb databse. That is the database you need to be in when you execute it. At the beginning of the script, before the select, add the following before the select and then try executing it. It's doesn't pull all of the information correctly but it should run:

USE msdb
go

Sue

francesco.mantovani
francesco.mantovani
SSC-Enthusiastic

Thank you

USE msdbUSE msdb

go

made the trick.

For make it easy to use I added after SELECT

DECLARE @DateFrom char(8) = '20170723' -- Set your start day range

DECLARE @DateTo char(8) = '20170725' -- Set your end day range

By the way I have uncommented, edited and added to the GROUP BY

sJobHis.run_time AS [Running_Time],

sJobHis.run_duration AS [Running_Duration],

But the result is unclear and not easy to understand. I mean the script is awesome but it doesn't show me the big picture:

Wouldn't be easier to show date like 'yyyy/mm/dd' and time like 'hh/mm/ss'?
Can you help me do that?

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.