SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Can we use the cube data without deploying the solution?

Can we use the cube data without deploying the solution?

Author
Jagz W
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I'm new to SSAS and I've created an dummy solution of Analysis Services project. I don't have permission to deploy the solution on server. So, my question is Can I use the cube data without deploying the solution?

Or any other alternative to check cube data.

Thanks,
Jagz W
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)

I don't think you can.
Prior to processing a cube (which is necessary to view the data), it is deployed to the server.
You could install SSAS locally though.

If there is an alternative, I would be as interested as you are.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
Jagz W
Jagz W
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)

I tried to deploy on local. But it gives me below error :

"The project could not be deployed to the 'localhost' server because of the following connectivity problems : A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server."

My database is on another server and I'm using service account for Impersonation information.

Could you please help in this?

Thanks
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)SSC Guru (58K reputation)

Either make sure the service account has read permissions on the database, or use another account for impersonation.

My blog at SQLKover.

Jagz W
Jagz W
SSC Rookie

This is kind of an odd question and I'm rather new to SSAS. How do I check the service account permissions on database?
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSC Guru

First you check which account is used to run the SSAS service. (you can do this in the SQL Server Configuration Manager)

Then you log into the database server and check if this user has read permissions on the database you are trying to read data from.

My blog at SQLKover.

kevin_nikolai
kevin_nikolai
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (869 reputation)SSC Eights! (869 reputation)SSC Eights! (869 reputation)SSC Eights! (869 reputation)SSC Eights! (869 reputation)SSC Eights! (869 reputation)SSC Eights! (869 reputation)SSC Eights! (869 reputation)

Hi Koen, forgive me for not posting a new article, but I wanted a reply from you since I noticed you did your MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence.
Where can I get training material for the 'Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012' part ?
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSC Guru

There's a training kit available for that exam.

I didn't read it though. I did the exam in beta, so I didn't have any official preparation materials.

My blog at SQLKover.

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.