SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Visibility

Visibility

Author
Raghavendra Mudugal
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Very New one, thank you for the post, Steve.

I never knew, never used and not sure if I am ever going to use... but weird part is I got it right... after reading and staring at the options ... i thought (like all times.. in a class module when the procedure/function when created as "private" it is not visible in the instance of the class) this might me and picked the 3rd one. Cool

Where is this option can be seen? it can be sql scripted or is this needs permission in general?

ww; Raghu
--
The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.
Tom Thomson
Tom Thomson
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (35K reputation)

Raghavendra Mudugal (9/17/2013)
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Note: (as of now) only.. 1 and 4 applies (i am on my way...)

Shouldn't that be "only.. 1 and 100 applies" ?
:-D

Tom

Revenant
Revenant
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

Nice one - thanks, Steve!
james.of.rivendell
james.of.rivendell
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (196 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (196 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (196 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (196 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (196 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (196 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (196 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (196 reputation)

Picked the one that makes the most sense.
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)

L' Eomot Inversé (9/17/2013)
Koen Verbeeck (9/16/2013)
Nice one. Will probably never use it though :-D

Oh, you might just get caught up with it quite by accident. It used to be true, and may still be true, that if the assembly was explicitly loaded by create assembly in SQL it would be visible( until changed), but if it was loaded implicitly because another assembly needed it it wouldl be marked invisible, so you wouldn't be able to call it directly until you changed it, and you wouldn't be able to change it until the other assembly goes away; so it was possible for an assembly to be invisible without you intending it to happen, and that could be a nuisance. But last time I looked at CLR was years ago, so some of that may have changed since. And I might be misremembering, as I never actually used this stuff, just read about it to see whether it was anything that might justify the cost of upgrading ourselves (and our customers) to SQL Server 2005.

+1

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

sqlnaive
sqlnaive
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.2K reputation)

Good QOTD. :-)
jfgoude
jfgoude
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

used it 1 time about assembly for geometry type (ggogle map like)

forgotten it since

+1

but +1 for google (my friend) !
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.