Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Configure Logshipping for multiple databases using Scripts only (not by using SSMS) between two...

Configure Logshipping for multiple databases using Scripts only (not by using SSMS) between two servers as a Disaster Recovery solution

Author
subbu.dba
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi All,

Description :

We have One server with 2 instances with 75 DB's.All the Databases size is 135 GB.We would like to setup new Disaster Recovery Server for this existing sever.So i need to build new server as DR Server and install SQL SERVER like Primary server.I need to take full of backup of all Primary server , need to restore full backups in DR Server . Once initial Synchronization is completed I need to configure LogShipping as DR Solution. So For this we are going to configure Logshipping as DR Solution between servers.

The schedule time is 4 hours.That means For every 4 hours the TLOG Backups should be taken,copied and Restored in secondary server(Using scripts only)

Problem :

I need to configure Log shipping for all 75 Db's in primary server to all 75 db's in secondary server.

I have the requirement to configure logshipping for all these 75 db's by using Scripts only. I am not supposed to configure logshipping By using SSMS for all these 75 db's.

My Questions :

------------------------------

We want to configure logshipping as DR Recovery between primary server and secondary server by using Scripts only

Q1). I want single script for taking Tlog Backup of all these 75 DB's in primary server for every 4 hours .(Schedule Time : For every 4 hours Tlog Backups of all DB's should be taken to shared folder or local folder by using single Script )?

Q2). I want single script for copying all these Tlog backup files to secondary server (DR Server)(By using this script the TLOG Backup files should be copied to seconadry server for every 4 hours) ?

Q3). I want single script for restore all these TLOG Backup files in secondary server (Newly DR Server)(For every 4 hours , the TLOG Backups should be restored in secondary server) ?

Q4). I want one more script for alerts like restore is completed successfully?

Could you please provide me the Scripts as I want to configure logshipping using Scripts only

Regards,

Venkat
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.