Could you please let me know how to get the Report URL(i,e the URL gets generated after the report is created) from SSRS designer.
If I want to deploy the single report to Report manager in two ways.
1.one is the normal deployment
2.Other is to deploy the report in Excel(If i have the Report parameters in Report ,is it possible to render the report to Excel and then to deploy to Report manager?)
Question #1 - how to get the report URL - SSRS has a built in expression that will show the URL on the report once it is deployed.
- In a text box, edit the expression
- at the bottom on the left side, in the Category box, click on Built-in Fields
- there is a field called ReportServerUrl
Once the report is deployed, this will show the URL when you run the report.
Deployment questions - I am not sure if the #2 option you listed is possible.
Here are the 2 methods I use:
1. in Visual Studio, right click on the solution name (in the Solution Explorer window) and choose properties. Set the properties for TargetServerURL and TargetReportFolder to the location to deploy to. Then right click on the report and choose Deploy. It will use the settings of the project.
2. Go to your Reporting Services website. Navigate to the folder where you want the report to go. Click the Upload button. Find the location of the file you want to deploy.
Does that answer your questions?