Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSIS 2012 -SSISDB

SSIS 2012 -SSISDB

Author
psingla
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (726 reputation)Right there with Babe (726 reputation)Right there with Babe (726 reputation)Right there with Babe (726 reputation)Right there with Babe (726 reputation)Right there with Babe (726 reputation)Right there with Babe (726 reputation)Right there with Babe (726 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SSIS 2012 -SSISDB

Pramod
SQL Server DBA | MCSE SQL Server 2012/2014

in.linkedin.com/in/pramodsingla/
http://pramodsingla.wordpress.com/
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

Easy one thanks!

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at SQLKover.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Stewart "Arturius" Campbell
Stewart "Arturius" Campbell
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)

Interesting question, thanks.:-)

dhober
dhober
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (942 reputation)SSC Eights! (942 reputation)SSC Eights! (942 reputation)SSC Eights! (942 reputation)SSC Eights! (942 reputation)SSC Eights! (942 reputation)SSC Eights! (942 reputation)SSC Eights! (942 reputation)

Silly semantics....

Being able to have only one catalog is still technically having one or more catalogs Smile
TaylorMade
TaylorMade
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (486 reputation)SSC-Addicted (486 reputation)SSC-Addicted (486 reputation)SSC-Addicted (486 reputation)SSC-Addicted (486 reputation)SSC-Addicted (486 reputation)SSC-Addicted (486 reputation)SSC-Addicted (486 reputation)

I don't even have 2012 installed yet, so I did some research, and found:

"A folder contains one or more projects and environments in the SSISDB catalog."

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh479588.aspx

but the answer to the QOTD says zero.

so who is right?
mtassin
mtassin
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

TaylorMade (8/13/2013)

"A folder contains one or more projects and environments in the SSISDB catalog."

so who is right?

You have to create the folder before you can push a project to it. When you create the folder it has zero projects in it, and if you create a few folders at the start, they can still exist with zero projects in them.

--Mark Tassin
MCITP - SQL Server DBA
Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
For help with Performance click this link
For tips on how to post your problems
TomThomson
TomThomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

mtassin (8/13/2013)
TaylorMade (8/13/2013)

so who is right?

You have to create the folder before you can push a project to it. When you create the folder it has zero projects in it, and if you create a few folders at the start, they can still exist with zero projects in them.

What does the word "should" mean? It doesn't mean the same as "can", that's for sure. Could the use of "should" with "one or more" versus the use of "can" with zero or more" be an attempt to produce a nasty trick question? If not, why are the two words used? Does the author think "should" means "must always"?

Both "a folder should contain one or more..." and "a folder can contain zero or more..." are correct - the whole point of a folder is to contain projects and environments, so it should contain a project; but they don't have to contain one all the time, that would make creation too complex, which is why "should".
The same applies to "catalog should have one or more folder" and "catalog can have one or more folders": both are correct.

I got this one wrong because I picked the wrong selection from each of the two both correct pairs. I suspect that's because of a language difference.

Tom

batgirl
batgirl
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

L' Eomot Inversé (8/13/2013)
mtassin (8/13/2013)
TaylorMade (8/13/2013)

so who is right?

What does the word "should" mean? It doesn't mean the same as "can", that's for sure. Could the use of "should" with "one or more" versus the use of "can" with zero or more" be an attempt to produce a nasty trick question? If not, why are the two words used? Does the author think "should" means "must always"?

Both "a folder should contain one or more..." and "a folder can contain zero or more..." are correct - the whole point of a folder is to contain projects and environments, so it should contain a project; but they don't have to contain one all the time, that would make creation too complex, which is why "should".
The same applies to "catalog should have one or more folder" and "catalog can have one or more folders": both are correct.

I got this one wrong because I picked the wrong selection from each of the two both correct pairs. I suspect that's because of a language difference.

I fully appreciate the efforts of the author - the bottom line is that this question forced me to learn something new. I just wish it were possible to eliminate the "fuzzy" answer choices here. In the grand scheme of things, I think some of these choices are important to know and others are less so. Ultimately it feels like an attempt to trick....
cschlieve
cschlieve
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)SSC Journeyman (99 reputation)

dhober (8/13/2013)
Silly semantics....

Being able to have only one catalog is still technically having one or more catalogs Smile

That kind of thinking can get you into a lot of trouble. Just imagine that thinking on Regex...
Carlo Romagnano
Carlo Romagnano
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)

cschlieve (8/13/2013)
dhober (8/13/2013)
Silly semantics....

That kind of thinking can get you into a lot of trouble. Just imagine that thinking on Regex...

+1
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.