SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

A New Look

A New Look

Author
alauer
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I miss the quick link to question of the day and featured script. These were the best part of the news letter imo and now they are buried. Otherwise it has a very clean look
shmuel
shmuel
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)Grasshopper (18 reputation)

Sorry to say, I don't like it. I am interested in the technical articles, and now it is necessary to scroll to the bottom to see them. Why not make a navigation pane at the side with a short summary of the content of each item.

BobAtDBS
BobAtDBS
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (444 reputation)SSC-Addicted (444 reputation)SSC-Addicted (444 reputation)SSC-Addicted (444 reputation)SSC-Addicted (444 reputation)SSC-Addicted (444 reputation)SSC-Addicted (444 reputation)SSC-Addicted (444 reputation)

I'm not reading it on a tablet or a phone. You've just wasted half of my nice monitor, and made me scroll twice as much.

Student of SQL and Golf, Master of Neither
jk_in_San_Diego
jk_in_San_Diego
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (224 reputation)SSC Veteran (224 reputation)SSC Veteran (224 reputation)SSC Veteran (224 reputation)SSC Veteran (224 reputation)SSC Veteran (224 reputation)SSC Veteran (224 reputation)SSC Veteran (224 reputation)

I too prefer the featured content appearing at the top of the newsletter - it makes it easy to decide which articles I need to read immediately and which to save for later.
kirk-656947
kirk-656947
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

I preferred being able to see the top article titles without having to scroll down.
Peter Pirker
Peter Pirker
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)

I don't care for it, it's too small and difficult to find your way around.
Todd Reddinger
Todd Reddinger
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)

The featured contents should be at the top of the letter so that a summary is immediately viewable.

The width should scale to the available display width.

Content is great as usual.

Thanks,

ToddR
rob.lobbe-964963
rob.lobbe-964963
Valued Member
Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)Valued Member (51 reputation)

Bloody iPhones. Exec toys and everyone panders to them.
This is now like a newspaper where the article is split up so that there is a bit on every page. (Too much effort to find the highlights)
Roddy.CAMERON
Roddy.CAMERON
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (920 reputation)SSC Eights! (920 reputation)SSC Eights! (920 reputation)SSC Eights! (920 reputation)SSC Eights! (920 reputation)SSC Eights! (920 reputation)SSC Eights! (920 reputation)SSC Eights! (920 reputation)

Sorry but I don't like it. Designed for mobile devices, not a desktop PC which is what I suspect most people use to access this site. Too narrow and I liked the TOC at the beginning as a quick reference. Bring back the old format, maybe with the new font/more modern general style. I personally wouldn't have followed Microsoft guidelines on document layout. I don't regard them as experts in that field.
drew.morris
drew.morris
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Love it! At least it doesn't show up in the oriental character set like those I've been getting for the last 4-6 weeks. :-)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.