SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL SERVER 2008 64 bit installation on Windows 2008 - Error code 32

SQL SERVER 2008 64 bit installation on Windows 2008 - Error code 32

Author
Muhammad Fahim Uddin
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Any advices or idea how to fix it. I am in the middle of installation of it and It is stuck on error code 32 with sqlEngineConfigAction_install_confignonrc_Cpu64. I have admin rights. It is brand new box.
Robert klimes
Robert klimes
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)

check the log @ C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log\<datetime>\detail.txt.

any errors or what is the last successful command.

Bob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to post to get the best help
Muhammad Fahim Uddin
Muhammad Fahim Uddin
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)

Yes, I tried but there is no such file there yet. Since I did not hit the cancel button on setup. I am afraid to abort the setup since SQL Setup once corrupted or uninstalled leave deep marks and is very hard to clean it unless you refresh the whole windows. I hate this about MS. So I am trying to figure out how can let the setup continue overcoming this current issue. Yes, My last resort will be to abort setup and re-do it.
liteswitch
liteswitch
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (530 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (530 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (530 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (530 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (530 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (530 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (530 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (530 reputation)

What edition of SQL Server and Windows Server are you using?
Muhammad Fahim Uddin
Muhammad Fahim Uddin
Grasshopper

SQL Server 2008 SE 64 bit (x64)
Windows 2008 Enterprise, 64 bit (Intel Xeon)

Thanks.
Muhammad Fahim Uddin
Muhammad Fahim Uddin
Grasshopper

What you think, Should I cancel and re-do it??
Robert klimes
Robert klimes
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)

I would think that since you have an error, even if you could get the installation to complete, it would not be successful and you would not want to use that instance anyway.

Bob
Muhammad Fahim Uddin
Muhammad Fahim Uddin
Grasshopper

Yes. I had to cancel it and it did not install Engine. I reboot the server after unintall each and every component of SQL but again same error on second install.

now we are download another media files. We think, this media files are corrupt.
Robert klimes
Robert klimes
SSCertifiable

was there any install log after you canceled the install?

Bob
Muhammad Fahim Uddin
Muhammad Fahim Uddin
Grasshopper

No. I could not see any logs.
I am again getting the same error on brand new install and brand new DVD version (Enterprise SQL this time). What is this happening? Please help.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.