Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Inactive SQL node tries accessing Errorlog on cluster disk owned by other node

Inactive SQL node tries accessing Errorlog on cluster disk owned by other node

Author
Scott_D
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hello,
Due to an operating system failure, I had to reinstall the Operating System (Windows 2008 R2 SP1) on node 2 of my two node failover cluster. I evicted the node and went on with reinstalling the OS. Once I patched windows, updated all drivers, joined to the domain, added iscsi, installed SQL by adding a node to a cluster, patched SQL to Sp1 and then to SP1 CU6, I did a failover. The failover went fine.

However, when I moved SQL back to the first node, I noticed that every 35 minutes I get the following error in the application log on my second node -

initerrlog: Could not open error log file 'J:\MSSQL10_50.SQL2K8\MSSQL\Log\ERRORLOG'. Operating system error = 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).

Being that the second node isn't active, it doesn't have access to that drive. I went through the scheduled tasks and there is nothing there.

I noticed that the first node does not give these errors when the first node is inactive.
Any thoughts?

Scott Drummond
@drummondsql on twitter
SQLSACT
SQLSACT
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Do you perhaps have any 3rd party software installed on the inactive node that requires SQL to be started? Maybe a 3rd party backup software that makes a connection to SQL Server?

Regards
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.