SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

I cannot import SSIS package into MSDB folder.

I cannot import SSIS package into MSDB folder.

Author
srilu_bannu
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi all,
I am working on SSIS and created integrated services project and saved them under a new folder.
I want to deploy them under msdb folder and schedule the package but, i am getting this error:

The SQL Server instance specified in SSIS service configuration is not present or is not available. This might occur when there is no default instance of SQL Server on the computer. For more information see the topic "Configuring the Integration Services" in Books online....

I have searched google and changed the msdtdsrvr.ini under C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <DtsServiceConfiguration xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<StopExecutingPackagesOnShutdown>true</StopExecutingPackagesOnShutdown>
- <TopLevelFolders>
- <Folder xsi:type="SqlServerFolder">
<Name>MSDB</Name>
<ServerName>.</ServerName>
</Folder>
- <Folder xsi:type="FileSystemFolder">
<Name>File System</Name>
<StorePath>..\Packages</StorePath>
</Folder>
</TopLevelFolders>
</DtsServiceConfiguration>

TO:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <DtsServiceConfiguration xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<StopExecutingPackagesOnShutdown>true</StopExecutingPackagesOnShutdown>
- <TopLevelFolders>
- <Folder xsi:type="SqlServerFolder">
<Name>MSDB</Name>
<ServerName>nyabc</ServerName> ----This is changed
</Folder>
- <Folder xsi:type="FileSystemFolder">
<Name>File System</Name>
<StorePath>..\Packages</StorePath>
</Folder>
</TopLevelFolders>
</DtsServiceConfiguration>

I couldn't give the instance name because our SQL Server is installed on default instance mssqlserver so i gave only server name nyabc.

No matter how i change the part <ServerName>nyabc</ServerName> i was unable to load the package into msdb folder. It is giving the same error even after restarting ssis service.

Can anyone please tell me what is the wrong i am doing here? How should i import packages to msdb folder and schedule them?
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)

How are you deploying the package?

Cool
Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
srilu_bannu
srilu_bannu
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)SSC Veteran (234 reputation)

Using SSMS intergration service. I could login into the server using administrator access
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)

Have you tried deploying the package from BIDS using the deployment tool?

Cool
Lynn Pettis

For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables

srilu_bannu
srilu_bannu
SSC Veteran

No, I only two ways to deploy SSIS.
One is on BIDS Click File->save copy as-> and then select the package store and file. -- this is not working for me.
Another is using SSMS integration services. -- Not working.

I can learn about this deployment tool too.. Is this any kind of software tool?
Lynn Pettis
Lynn Pettis
SSC-Forever

It is a part of BIDS. I haven't worked with SSIS for a while so you should do some research in BOL (Books Online).

Cool
Lynn Pettis

hcprasadv
hcprasadv
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)

You can get more information on deployment of SSIS packages in the msdn site.....

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms137592.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms162820%28v=sql.105%29.aspx

http://maxt2posh.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/deploying-ssis-packages-using-dtutil-exe-with-powershell-part-1%E2%80%A6/
anandhaksc
anandhaksc
Valued Member
Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)

Hi,
Another way of deploy that package is right click the project name in the solution explorer . one pop menu will appear. choose deploy it launches the screen . Here you have to give the deployment path . If u need deployment manifest file choose that option also. It will create one file which is located in where your package available.
In that folder click that newly created manifest file It will ask details about that package..then proceed with based on the dialogue box questions..
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)

srilu_bannu (3/27/2013)

Hi all,
I am working on SSIS and created integrated services project and saved them under a new folder.
I want to deploy them under msdb folder and schedule the package but, i am getting this error:

I couldn't give the instance name because our SQL Server is installed on default instance mssqlserver so i gave only server name nyabc.

No matter how i change the part <ServerName>nyabc</ServerName> i was unable to load the package into msdb folder. It is giving the same error even after restarting ssis service.

Can anyone please tell me what is the wrong i am doing here? How should i import packages to msdb folder and schedule them?

Under which name is the SQL Server database engine installed? Under the default instance or under nyab?

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
Brandie Tarvin
Brandie Tarvin
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

Did you say you ARE or ARE NOT able to open the server in SSMS and import the package that way?

Steps would be: Open SSMS, connect to Integration Services with the server name, the folders listed should be Running Packages and Stored Packages. MSDB is usually listed underneath Stored Packages.

Can you do that kind of deployment?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.