Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 


Upgrade SQL/SSRS 2008R2 to 2012 SP1


Upgrade SQL/SSRS 2008R2 to 2012 SP1

Author
Message
tmkruse
tmkruse
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 26 Visits: 77
I'm testing upgrading SQL/SSRS from SQL 2008 R2 SP2 to SQL 2012 SP1 (11.0.3349). Most of my reports' data source is a Dynamics NAV DB where most of the number fields are decimal(38,20). I'm finding that when I have a zero value in a column on a report that the report loses formatting and throws xml exceptions when rendered to Excel. So a field formatted for currency would become 0.00000000000000000 and renders as text in Excel 2010, but if there's a value in the cell then the formatting is fine. I'm looking on the MS site and there is documentation that this is an Excel issue and was supposed to be fixed in a CU for Office 2010 Excel, but I didn't see it in the release notes for the CU. The error is "Excel found unreadable context.." There are no errors in the report itself only rendering. Rendering to other formats is fine.

I've found a workaround where I change the value in a report by using an if statement to make it equal to zero (IIF(value=0,0,value), but I've got several hundred reports in my library and I wouldn't even know how many cells I'd have to change.

I'm just looking to see if anyone else has ran into this issue during their upgrade testing process.

I can repeat the error in a new report if I use as a Dataset

Select Cast(0 as decimal(38,20)) d1
, CAST(0 as decimal(10,2)) d2

Export to Excel gets this error

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<recoveryLog xmlns="<logFileName>error056200_05.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors">http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error056200_05.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Users\...ME...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\P42V8D4D\_TestExcel.xlsx'</summary><repairedRecords summary="Following is a list of repairs:"><repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Cell information from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part</repairedRecord></repairedRecords></recoveryLog>

The d1 column is now formatted as text 0.00000000000000000000 instead of as currency and the d2 column is formatted correctly
Go


Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.
You can't delete your own posts.
You can't delete other posts.
You can't post events.
You can't edit your own events.
You can't edit other events.
You can't delete your own events.
You can't delete other events.
You can't send private messages.
You can't send emails.
You can read topics.
You can't vote in polls.
You can't upload attachments.
You can download attachments.
You can't post HTML code.
You can't edit HTML code.
You can't post IFCode.
You can't post JavaScript.
You can post emoticons.
You can't post or upload images.

Select a forum

































































































































































SQLServerCentral


Search