Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Disappearing scriptmain.vb from a script component

Disappearing scriptmain.vb from a script component

Author
padre
Valued Member
Valued Member (66 reputation)Valued Member (66 reputation)Valued Member (66 reputation)Valued Member (66 reputation)Valued Member (66 reputation)Valued Member (66 reputation)Valued Member (66 reputation)Valued Member (66 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hello,

I am doing some research into moving to SQL 2012 from SQL 2008 R2. As a part of this I am making sure that all of our SSIS packages will migrate smoothly. One of the packages gave me an error saying that it couldn't find the script to a script component. I spent several hours trying to figure out where the script went. I finally gave up and decided to just recreate the script component with the code from the 2008 version of the package. When I went to get the script though I got a message that "scriptmain.vb does not exist in the project directory". This package is in source control so I tried to refresh it with the last version and got the same error message. I tried with an earlier version of the package and again got the missing file message. I asked a colleague to check the package and he had the same thing happen to him. What make this even more strange is that when I last looked at the package in December I didn't have any problems with it.

The path it was looking for was ..\AppData\Local\Temp\SSIS\ae04f66c1fad471c884ddf0d8863456e\ScriptMain.vb.

Any idea why this is happening or what might be causing it?

Since this was the last issue I had to deal with for the migration testing I opened the dstx file in Notepad++ and pulled the VB code out. I then created a new script component by pasting in the old code. This seems to be working although I am very concerned that this might happen again.
cafescott
cafescott
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (166 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (166 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (166 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (166 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (166 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (166 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (166 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (166 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Once in a while, SSIS loses my VB code too. I don't have an explanation other than the product is a little buggy.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.