SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

sub-report in matrix cell

sub-report in matrix cell

Author
OldCursor
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I have a sub report in a matrix cell that works just fine. The matrix displays values for each Month. The sub report takes parameter values from the matrix for the date range and displays more detailed data on a day by day basis. However if there are no records in the matrix cell for a particular month - such as the current month. I get an error "One or more parameters were not specified for the sub report".

Has anyone any idea how I might overcome this error - ie simply show nothing instead?

For completeness the subreport is toggled visible by the matrix value cell so its not obvious until you try to open up the sub report that you have a problem.
kevin.minteer@gmail.com
kevin.minteer@gmail.com
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)

I believe all you need to do is check the Allow Blank Value/Allow Null Value properties of the parameters for the subreport and you should stop seeing the error - assuming the data set behind the subreport can execute successfully without a value for the given parameter.
OldCursor
OldCursor
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)

It's quite obvious really - isn't it. Now I just need to ensure the stored procedure will accept a NULL start and end date and return an empty record set and Bob's your fathers brother!

Thanks for your help.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.